Author Topic: Where to go/stay / what to see south of Fethiye  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Alunsue

• Newly Registered
Where to go/stay / what to see south of Fethiye
« on: May 09, 2016, 16:14:44 PM »
new to forum - so hello - we are off to Calis for 5th time this year and want to travel south for a week or so after 10 days in Calis, someone recommended Ucagiz and the Mehtap Pension as a start.  Any other recommendations on places to visit or stay are very welcome.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Where to go/stay / what to see south of Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 11:22:57 AM »
Welcome to the forum Alun and Sue...

Are you planning to travel by car or bus, there is an excellent bus service in Turkey.

You could do a day trip to the Greek island of Meis while you are near Kaş.

A drive along the coast road beyond Kaş, will bring you to many small and larger coastal towns and you could just stop off wherever you fancied en route. Pansiyons are going to be easy enough to find to stay in wherever you stop. I wouldn't worry about booking in advance.

Offline lissa

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 20:09:21 PM »
If you haven't visited before, Saklikent and Tlos are worth seeing, as is Xanthos. Then onto Patara maybe? Stay in Kalkan overnight, then travel along the coast road to Kas. I don't know if you are interested in history, some people are, leaves others cold! But there is a well preserved theatre in Kas. As Nicola suggested, perhaps a trip to Meis from Kas. Then to Ucagiz, and a boat trip along the coastline to see the sunken city of Kekova. Simenon castle worth a walk up to if only for the views. Visit the cafe that sells home made ice cream on the way back down from the castle,delicious! Yes I would stay at one of the pensions in Ucagiz.Maybe then onto Adrasan or Cirali, and go to see the Chimaera at Olympus. Stay in a tree house at Olympus. Think maybe you need more days! Or you could return and do those you have missed......

Offline lissa

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 20:10:43 PM »
Olympos

Offline daveG

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 15:06:09 PM »
As Nichola says transport in Calis /Fethiye  is excellent for "spreading your wings" Dalyan really easy to find and decent pensions ,Kas has many Hotels/pensions and day trips to Meis and sunken city/Santa Claus.etc.Kalieci and Side also easily  accessed.If you have benefit of your transport then Pitara (superb beach etc) Xanthos ,Isparta/Lake so much to see so much to do so little time!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf