Author Topic: Shoe Strife  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Shoe Strife
« on: April 15, 2017, 22:58:38 PM »
This may seem trivial but I genuinely need advice  :)

I bought some shoes (a pair) and they are very nice. I have a problem in that one (left) fits perfectly but one (right) seems loose. I have never had any such problems before - all pairs of shoes fit both feet without issue - but with this pair one fits fine, the other seems a bit too big; as I walk my foot lifts and the heel doesn't come with it and it sort of drops each step.

The obvious solution is to get a smaller size, but the left foot one fits great, a smaller size wouldn't.

I like them so much I bought some heel pad things which haven't sorted the problem. Two socks would maybe but I don't want to wear two socks :D

I hesitate to say this, but sensible replies only please 8)

Offline littlereddevil

Re: Shoe Strife
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 23:37:06 PM »
Maybe one was on display and tried on many times?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 00:17:57 AM »
I agree with L.R.D.  When we look for shoes we asked for the other one to try on and then when we buy the shoes we always ask for a fresh pair as one being out tried on all the time can make it larger, with lots of people with bigger feet can try the one shoe on.
Phil try on some shoes two weeks ago and one seemed a bit big.  He asked the assistant for a fresh pair and she did not have his size, so, she ordered a pair to be sent to our house (no extra charge for postage).  They arrived in two days and fitted perfectly, he also had 7 days to return them.
If you just got them, take them back and complain.
Alternatively do what Phil did a few days ago, go out and help with a horse and let it tread on your foot.  That wil make it bigger.  We can supply a horse if you wish.   ;) ;D :-[ :angel:

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 00:48:17 AM »
Isn't there some old fashioned remedy with wet newspaper or something to shrink it back.
http://m.wikihow.com/Shrink-Leather-Shoes voila!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 07:25:03 AM »
Most people have one foot larger than the other ( apparently most women have one breast larger than the other, but we'll save that for another day   ;) ) My left foot is half a shoe size bigger than my right. Try using a shoe stretcher on the smaller of the 2 to even out the fit. Then they'll both slip equally. Job done !   :)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 11:07:19 AM »
Try a padded insole,the memory foam ones do a good job.I have this problem,one bigger than the other,feet I mean !

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 11:30:30 AM »
Thanks - the strange thing is I don't think I have different size feet as this has never happened with any other shoes. Also it is unlikely to be overuse from people trying one on as I got them from Amazon.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 12:12:16 PM »
Send them back, it must be an error in production.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 14:08:55 PM »
Sounds like you got a duff pair, Amazon are good with returns, try another pair. Good luck!

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 17:30:22 PM »

I bought a pair of silicon heel pads from Sports Direct for a couple of quid on offer. Did the job. Not sure they would work on

the breasts though.     ???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf