Author Topic: A warning that was on a F.B. Forum today about a removal company.  (Read 10308 times)

Offline marina

Re: A warning that was on a F.B. Forum today about a removal company.
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 17:15:25 PM »
It is on a Hisaronu Forum, where  the guy who runs it is very strict. In fact, he did contact the lady in question before he allowed her to print it and said he would allow this to be printed, but would not allow any comments.
I really am sick of comments here about if it is on Facebook it must be true (of course, meaning it is not), as if everything on CBF is gospel and no one should believe people like this woman.   However, if she was a member here, everyone would believe her and sympathise. 
I copied it in case it would help people.   However, perhaps I should tell the lady to become a member here and then if she wrote it, on the almighty CBF then she would be believed. 
CBF also have a F.B  Page where members write and lots of them never post on this page.  Therefore, is the CBF Page on F.B. Rubbish too and should not be believed??   John and Marina, should we all think that CBF members on F.B are all lying?

That's a bit of a sweeping statement Jacqui! Of course not everything on FB are lies, but there is certainly a large part that is!  Lies, scams and people who hold grudges out to make trouble for innocent people. Same as Trip Advisor.  Who do you believe? The good reviews or the bad ones?  Or just make your own mind up?

I am assuming you don't know the lady who posted this, or the person she was referring to so, if this is found to be untrue, could do a great deal of damage to this person.  I just don't think you can go around sharing, and naming, like this unless you know the facts behind it.

And I think we've found out in the past that not quite everything on CBF is gospel!  Fortunately they are usually soon found out and removed.  So, I do believe most of what I read on here. 

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 18:36:10 PM »
If someone on Facebook said the sun was shining, I'd look out to check.  There is a possibility they may be correct, but also a strong likelihood they are not.

If someone on CBF said the sun was shining I'd then just maybe look out to check depending on who said it.

Of course not everything on FB are lies, but there is certainly a large part that is!  Lies, scams and people who hold grudges out to make trouble for innocent people. Same as Trip Advisor.  Who do you believe? The good reviews or the bad ones?  Or just make your own mind up?

You hit the nail on the head Marina, completely agree the above.

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 18:44:00 PM »
And I think we've found out in the past that not quite everything on CBF is gospel!

"Levissi Garden has closed down" certainly wasn't   ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 18:56:57 PM »
And I think we've found out in the past that not quite everything on CBF is gospel!

"Levissi Garden has closed down" certainly wasn't    ;)

Who posted that ?  ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 20:40:30 PM »
Well I keep reading this over again and what shouts out to me is that this is NOT Jacqui's comment but one she read on FB. So basically I think she was trying to share something which could adversely affect our members on CBF. I would think she's trying to be helpful? It's turned quite nasty, into goading her to explain the quote, to me it feels like predators just waiting to pounce. Why are you all so angry with Jacqui? She doesn't know the answers, it's just a quote she read and shared. Or have I missed something?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 21:17:59 PM »
Lotty

I understand that it wasn't Jacqui's comment but she chose to post it "as fact" without any caveats whatsoever- well at least that's how I read it.

In my opinion you simply can't go around repeating accusations when you know absolutely zilch about the facts. That's why my first post was to ask if there had been any corroboration of the accusations. (Jacqui did post that a restaurant had closed down when it hadn't and that could have been detrimental to that business.)

I would reiterate my question to Jacqui - if we should immediately believe someone who made derogatory remarks about her former business. Of course we should not !!!!.

Perhaps we should all consider the proverb "What you don't see with your eyes, don't witness with your mouth."

Hope that isn't too harsh but my honest opinion is that Jacqui should have thought and/or tried to corroborate the accusations before posting about this matter.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 21:26:34 PM by Highlander »

Offline marina

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 21:30:35 PM »
Well said Highlander, my thoughts too.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 22:40:44 PM »
I'm thinking this is Jaqcui being Jacqui..don't think she's give it anymore thought than marks has a sale on,or Yankee candles are three for two. No malicious intent,just trying to give fellow cbf members the heads up  and warn us there's a n'err do well about. Yes, maybe a little more digging before putting it on the forum,as it can so easily backfire but Hindsights a wonderful thing,we are all wise with it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 22:47:23 PM »
In fairness there does seem to be a variety of very unhappy customers of the guy on Facebook

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 23:09:56 PM »
Maybe so but this is the CBF and not all members are on Facebook, the Hisaronu Forum or indeed any other forum.

I still maintain that CBF members should not post accusations "as fact" without any caveats whatsoever until and unless they have evidence that they are in fact true.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 23:23:32 PM by Highlander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf