Author Topic: 1977 and all that  (Read 10823 times)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Re: 1977 and all that
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 16:40:57 PM »
I love things like this.
I have kept 'The Family Chronicles' in a page-a-day diary for around 18 years, handwritten.
So many little things that you would forget otherwise are recorded for posterity.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 18:07:58 PM »
Have just begun to dig back through the failing memory channels for the beginnings of our saga of villa purchase in 2009 and have managed to squeeze out four blogs (thought I'd write a few and post them bit by bit - giving myself a little 'lead' time). Dare I post them? Could be too boring, too libellous (though maybe not in the beginning) or both.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 18:58:21 PM »
Yes, yes, yes!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 19:47:21 PM »

Dare I post them? Could be too boring, too libellous (though maybe not in the beginning) or both.

If they are true it is simply impossible to be libellous  :)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 21:50:20 PM »
OK, then. Only the truth - as I remember it. We're now in year seven of the saga. Think I'd like it to be a new topic, or part of the suggested CBF new Blog topic. Sorry to say I've forgotten how to make a new topic as I normally just add my two penneth worth to somebody else's.

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 15:43:49 PM »
HaHa nor me H

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 19:05:17 PM »
nice post H i remember reading david nivens books he was a good author

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 19:53:09 PM »
14 March 1977 entry. Even more boring but perhaps a couple of interesting things.

Headlines (Scottish Daily Express) – It’s the Limit. No government rescue for strile hiy British Leyland if it means collapse of the car industry.

Again Rachel not at all well and Brenda rather than take her down to the doctors in the rain that the doctor should call to the house. I went over to Phylis’1 to phone the doctor to call and also to cancel Brenda’s appointment. I then went down for the papers and do some shopping for Brenda. Came back to find Rachel still sleeping on the couch and not looking at all well. Sat around waiting for the doctor to arrive but by dinner time there was still no sign of him so we decided to sit down to dinner. Shortly afterwards Doctor Bruce arrived and not Doctor Morrison as Brenda had wanted. Dennis2 however says he is the best with kids. After sounding Rachel’s chest etc. the doctor then had a look at ears which of course didn’t please her. It turns out that her right ear is badly inflamed and I must say that I had thought that something was amiss there. Perhaps we should have seen about it earlier but we learn by our mistakes. Doctor Bruce wrote a prescription for two medicines for Rachel and one for Brenda. I managed to get down with Dennis which I was thankful for because it was raining heavily .

Went into the office while waiting for the prescription and things were kind of subdued as it turns out that the bad crash in the papers today turned out to be of significance to Ian. It appears that one of those killed was Iain’s3 cousin and I think he was thinking about his own crash only a fortnight ago in which some-one else was also killed.

Quiet evening in the house. Had planned to go to the pub but on sounding out Brenda got a negative response so it wasn’t on.

Weather Forecast: Mostly cloudy, showers or longer periods of rain; Maximum Temperature 7 C (45F)

Actual Weather: Really rather wet but much milder now.

Rachel’s Day: Slept most of the day asleep on the couch. Still ill I’m afraid.

1 - work colleague's wife

2 - work colleague

3 - another work collegue

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 21:41:56 PM »
Dear John please carry on, it may be cathartic to let it out we are all with u xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf