Author Topic: Best Price to Value Hotel in Calis  (Read 13162 times)

Offline Dennis Vint

Re: Best Price to Value Hotel in Calis
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 10:07:20 AM »
Stayed at several apartments but only two hotels in Calis (Tugay and Oykun).  Oykun gets my vote and I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks in that hotel again in late September early October this year.  Not tried Delta yet but it's been recommended by Scunner and others on CBF so may give it a try either early or late season next year.  The lack of a pool would be a downside if the grandchildren were with me.

Happy birthday to CBF and many thanks to the organisers and contributors.  Best wishes and happy holidays to everyone.    :)

Offline blueclad

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »
We stayed at the golden moon when we first stumbled on CALIS 14 years ago ,only stayed 2 nights due to a huge  family  of 2 mini bus fulls around 24 persons arrived and took over the whole place drinking all day and half the night [ well documented on  T A  at the time it was hell  ] the whole poolside/ grass areas  was awash with water pool jumping from  so we and some other couples walked across to the Oykun  got rooms in the Only building at the time  and its the best thing we have ever done ,.
 The OYKUN  suits us just fine over the past 13 years for our main Calis chill outs,its brill  and a great family that own / run it who have become friends since we were invited to young Oykuns  demob from army service and then young Oykuns wedding wedding to Berna.

WE have stayed at the KANN for a late September deal, but its to far from the prom very basic but very clean and a nice quiet pool area,
WE also had a cheap deal at the TUGAY again very basic but very clean with quite a good pool area..

SO for us its the OYKUN every time we go to Calis.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2017, 17:51:20 PM »
The Letoon.. Perfect position..Lovely owners and a great pool.  We have tried the Oykun but the rooms were very small.. The breakfast was hit and miss maybe because it was coming up to the end of the season..We enjoyed The Rebin Beach.. Lovely and clean and good food.. The problem was that it was a bit far out and we had the main road to cross.. Worst one cheap it may have been but it was atrocious in every way.. Rosary Beach.. You couldn't pay me to stay there again...

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2017, 18:45:19 PM »
Have stayed at Oykun on our first ever trip to Calis in 2009, Pelin several times, Tugay on 1 occasion, Cenk Bey once, and Golden Moon, many times. Tugay was £112  for 2weeks B&B!!! Could not believe that price, especially as the place was clean, quiet and had a nice breakfast and pool area. Cenk bey was the worst, electric wires hanging off walls, broken furniture, smelling of damp, wouldn't take a free holiday there. Back to Oykun this year, just for a change.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2017, 19:20:58 PM »
Only stayed in a hotel once in Turkey which was June gone.We stayed at the Kaan which was e cellent value,nipping clean,great bar and pool area and fantastic family that run it.Its close to our old villa so we are happy with the location as we don't like to be right on the prom,although contrary Mrs A was considering it.Unfortunately as it was our first holiday since selling the villa Mrs was not happy so next week we have rented an apartment up near the Harman which is again an area we know and like.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 21:15:43 PM »
We stayed at the Seketur, liked watching the sunset from there. Shame its demolished now, it was in a great spot. Are they doing anything with that site?

Offline stuart1955

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 11:47:13 AM »
Rosary beach is good value and nice pool , I normally book through sunshine.co.uk , also ibrahim bey which is virtually next door to the rosary is good value and nice pool with a water slide now I believe , I find the best rate is to book direct with hotel , although not on the prom Kaan hotel is fantastic value for money, basic but clean,friendly and lovely pool area and some nice restaurants just a short walk away, we stayed there in May for 11 nights and are back again there later this month for 10 nights.

Offline Gus and Fiona

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 11:20:08 AM »
We stayed at the Alesta Yacht Hotel in August and we wanted the same spec as you scunner.  We were lucky and got the Alesta Yacht Hotel at half price and we couldn't fault the place.  It worked out at just over £40 Per night which was really good value for B&B and a lovely room.

We would choose this again if we needed to only if the reduction was there though!

Offline jan deli

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 22:42:37 PM »
Could this topic be re run for the 2018 season.
I am looking as a single traveller for a hotel quite central near the front so not to be walking too far at night.I know the area reasonably well, usually staying with a friend in their apartment near the market, which has now been sold.Renting an apartment for one person seems to be rather exspensive and I could be better off doing b&b or half board with the benifit of some company during the day.There are so many to choose from,I don’t know where to begin. Im not too fussy as long as it’s clean,with a pool,and TV with some English channels.This is for next month October weather has been good in the past.
I welcome any surgestions

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 22:49:32 PM »
Might been difficult given the timescale.

We stayed at Golden Moon this month - I can pm you with my views on that hotel if you wish.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf