Author Topic: Lidl Digital Satellite Receiver  (Read 2430 times)

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
Lidl Digital Satellite Receiver
« on: August 31, 2005, 16:44:57 PM »
Being a little on the slow side with anything electronic, Lidl have an offer from tomorrow for a Digital Satellite Receiver for £39.99.  There is also a dish for £14.99.  It states that there are pre programmed satellites, one of which is Turksat.  Is this a Turkish channel?  Do you think it would work in Turkey?  Is it good value for money?  We are only there in our holidays and don't particularly want to pay out monthly subscriptions.....
How much is a receiver in Turkey and what channels can you get free?

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 20:02:56 PM »
We paid about £170 last May 04 for an installed dish & receiver. we get about 250- 300 channels most of which you would not want to watch. can get BBC Prime, BBC world, euro sport and financial chanel in English. some music chanels but not english but most songs are english.
No monthly subscription. Our nieghbours did similar but they get diferent channels as they are tuned to different satelite. Make sure you tell shop you want to get some English channels.

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 20:09:33 PM »
Recievers much the same price here, Turksat is all Turkish, but Hotbird has a lot of English free channels you just purchase a card for about 20 ytl which lasts a few months then you start to lose some channels untill you get another card. I would advise buying here so the system can be correctly set up and you will get the right size dish as they are quite large.

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 20:43:37 PM »
Thank you - that is helpful and means I don't have to queue at Lidl at 7am in the morning!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 20:57:26 PM »
Smudge, where do you get replacement cards for 20ytl?
Was quoted 50ytl in July.
Anne

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 22:49:09 PM »
Sorry, we had that system over a year ago now have digiturk, we used to get our cards almost next to Erun spot, sounds like a very big price increase.

Offline Diana

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »
I am interested in receiving Turkish channels over here and saw Lynnes post. Not being technical either, would this be all I needed (and a man to put it up)?

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 09:47:24 AM »
My dear hubby has bought one of these sat recievers with a view to taking it to Turkey - do you think it will work - I guess if it does we will only be getting the Turkish channels - oh well maybe a way to improve our turkish!

Larry has no technical ability so setting it up should be fun!

And if you want a real laugh - we bought the TV & DVD on our first visit it wasn't until we got home and someone was helping up set it up and said were is your sat reciever - that the penny dropped that we couldn't just plg the sat connection into the tv.

Oh well who wants to watch tv anyway when in Turkey.

Offline Sinbad

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 11:19:29 AM »
Looking at dishes used by neighbours in our area I think the dish required is bigger than you can get into a suitecase!

Offline Diana

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 22:14:35 PM »
Lynne,
Thanks for your tip-got my dish from Lidl yesterday-there was quite a frenzy by Whitchurch standards, and it was inundated by Welsh too as Wrexham Lidls had sold out. Only want Turksat to help with the lingo.  A turkish friend recently had Turkish TV installed and I cost at least double.
Even organsied a man to stick it up on Thursday.  Am so excited!!! :-\ So I'll get a bit of practice in before I come to Turkey.

Dx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf