Author Topic: Getting expensive  (Read 13621 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Getting expensive
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 18:23:41 PM »
We are going to Cuba all inclusive for many hundreds of pounds less than a comparable deal in a similar hotel and dates in Olu Deniz or Belek.

Offline maria1949

Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 19:02:53 PM »
Booked for June for the two of us £100 dearer this year and the same for me in August and that’s flying from East Midlands , I know perhaps cheaper from other airports but it’s on the doorstep , one good thing the hotel prices haven’t changed.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 21:06:40 PM »
We have finally booked Sarigerme Holiday village and got a child free.

Why do you want a free child when you are taking your own   ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 13:19:52 PM »
Well I will just say if we didn’t own there we wouldn’t be going this year.

Far better value out there at the moment. Love the place and it’s our second home but the flight prices are ridiculous.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2018, 13:40:25 PM »
There is a certain irony when a flag carrier such as THY is more competitive in many cases than a charter/budget airline.  Thee's been articles in the press over the past few months about this "increase in capacity to Turkey", so given folks comments I can only assume many of the seats have been sold off as part of package deals resulting in higher prices for the remainder.

On the flip side (for me anyway), £103rtn from Glasgow to Malaga for a week in June, or £88rtn between Edinburgh and Sevilla - all plus bags, but its obvious how our oldest daughter has been out here four times since August and already has another two or three trips booked.  Single flights are still from £30 so theoretically she could come out here for the same amount of money she'd spend on a night in town plus taxis.  Hard choice, isn't it...

We are going to Cuba all inclusive for many hundreds of pounds less than a comparable deal in a similar hotel and dates in Olu Deniz or Belek.

Spent a month traveling round Cuba a few years ago, started off in Havana and worked our way down to Santiago in the south.  Lovely country, lovely people, cracking music scene and the best rums in the world all available for pennies.  Only downside is that you don't go to Cuba for the food     :)
JF

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 18:40:57 PM »
Flights are really expensive compared to previous years, we have booked a package this year with TUI to Calis, £451 each for 2 weeks in July we thought not bad for a package and definitely cheaper than booking flights etc separately as we'd usually do, I think this may be our last year for a while to be honest as all round it is becoming more expensive, we can get to spain cheaper where the alcohol & some meals out are cheaper too aswell as the flights being shorter on the flip side to this we do like the Caribbean and usually go there all inclusive going exploring etc quite cheaply too..  We always get pulled back to Calis/Turkey we do love the people & scenery but not sure we will next year quite sad really.............

Offline Fran

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 16:17:32 PM »
I've booked for the end on Feb using my avios miles. One way Manchester to Istanbul via Heathrow 12500 miles plus £35. The early flight gets you into Istanbul in time for the last Turkish airlines flight to Dalaman. Flying back with Thomas cook for £29.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 17:28:42 PM »
We have bitten the bullet and booked to Antalya instead of Dalaman saving almost £300 and much better flight times. Was £800 same dates into Dalaman >:( :o
 Just need to sort either a car hire or transfer.  Can anybody recommend a reliable car hire from Antalya?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 17:57:59 PM »
Dunna bother with that sue, use ozgur, he's on my friends page. Cheap and 100% reliable .

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2018, 18:17:38 PM »
Thanks B, have asked him for a quote as he gets lots of recommendations   :) - considering a car as will be hiring one anyway during our stay so may be more cost effective and I believe, a nice drive in summer/daytime.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf