Author Topic: Somewhere different with a view over the bay?  (Read 3465 times)

Offline JulieDiane

Somewhere different with a view over the bay?
« on: February 01, 2018, 08:45:49 AM »
I wonder if anyone has any idea's of somewhere different to eat that we could try where haven't been to when we're over this July, with a sunset view over the bay? We've only been to Kings Garden & The Sundial which we liked but it's nice to try somewhere different if we can....

Any idea's of different restaurants in general would be appreciated too, I have to say we do tend to keep going to the same one's not a bad thing as its great to see people we feel are now friends, nice to have a change now & then though  :)

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
Re: Somewhere different with a view over the bay?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:51:27 AM »
The rooftop seating at the ADA restaurant has great views of the sunset.  Its the restaurant on the island in the bay if you don't know it, so it does make a pleasant change of scenery. 

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 19:53:37 PM »
I do know it and have been on it during boat trips, we always forget about it for a night time meal, definitely something to look into and try this year! Thankyou

Offline Phil

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 09:10:39 AM »
I have always thought that somewhere that SHOULD be a really good spot to have a nice slow meal overlooking the bay listening to the waves lapping is the Sat........

I have had some perfectly acceptable lunches and snacks there but I have never ventured there for an evening meal.

It's changed hands so many times and reviews over the years have been so mixed.

I am minded to give it a try one day just for the ambience.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 10:13:40 AM »
Sat is so hits missy you cannot really plan for that nice night out as they often let you down with both food and service.Sometimes great,sometimes not ,even when not busy in our experience.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 10:15:41 AM »
What about those along the harbour in Fethiye or the Agora which is a bit higher up looking out over the harbour and bay

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 19:02:54 PM »
We went to the Sat a few years ago, the service & ambiance was fine, lovely sunset too, however out of 5 of us i was the only one who liked the food so we've never ventured back, I had something different to the rest of them, forget what it was now..... as you say hit & miss is it worth risking the miss!! Hmmm The Yacht Classic right on the sea front where Daniel Craig stayed when filming skyfall had an amazing ambiance for anyone interested, lovely food too! The Yacht Boutique has fab views & great food too, probably the best starter i've had anywhere was there & I have been to quite a few countries    :) !

We have been to 3 or 4 restaurants along the Kordon, liked them all, maybe worth looking into trying a different one, I was really after another restaurant in the mountainside looking over Fethiye & the bay to try if anyone knew a really nice one different to the 2 usual ones.... Or somewhere really special?? Where is the Agora, what is it like? I don't think i've heard of that one

Offline Steve A

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 11:11:17 AM »
Agora is at the amphitheatre end of “ bar street” it has lovely views but more recently mixed reviews ,it was lovely last year !

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 20:50:58 PM »
For special look into Casa Margot in Karagozler
For a casual bar with great food El Camino nearby has fantastic views.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf