Author Topic: Regret  (Read 6360 times)

Offline Ray1951

Re: Regret
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 19:28:32 PM »
Seems like Didums has a petted lip.  Oh dearie me.  The world changes every day, not for the better.  It would be a shame for people to fall out over this as I know that everyone past and present only want good things for any charities in the area.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 19:50:11 PM »
Seems like Didums has a petted lip. 

If you've nothing constructive to add to this topic then I'd suggest BBC1 or Radio 4, or maybe Facebook.

In this context, ad hominen attacks on a member actually show you up to be the child.  Maybe it's past your bedtime...

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 20:59:43 PM »
First thing to say is that Pete and Chrissie and their team, including mercury, are a very, very hard act to follow and the depletion of numbers will obviously be a factor. For example when the charity’s flag was unveiled there were 15 people in the photograph. Mercury now advises that there are now only 6.

But Pete and Chrissie would be the first to admit that they made mistakes along the way. But they learned from those mistakes and that is why (along with the great support of their team) the charity developed into such a success.

I assume that the organisation of events such as the Spring Fair evolved over the years and that there was a “blueprint” for its’ organisation.

I also assume that an integral and essential part of that blueprint would be a list of where the event should be advertised including on CBF.

As scunner said, if the event is not advertised properly, people will not turn up and the event will not be a success. If this is indeed the case then I do wonder why it was not followed for this year’s event.

Constructive criticism can only be of a benefit.

That having been said, the 3C’s committee are all volunteers who still really care about helping local underprivileged children. Just a thought but would the Spring Fair happen if it was not for them.

PS I do have to say that it was personally disappointing being asked earlier this month on the Committee Members Message Board “who are you – because I haven’t seen you in 12 months”

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Regret
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 21:02:37 PM »
Typical ignorant response from someone who can’t grasp the obvious, ray1951, such as the bit where I said I don’t care if they use CBF, and the bit where I said my concern is only for the loss of monies raised for important causes locally, caused by the incompetence of the incumbent committee members.

But don’t let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to make a bitchy comment Ray1951, we welcome the input of fools here and it’s great to know we can rely on you.

Offline cathy h

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2018, 21:53:47 PM »
Good evening everyone, firstly may I apologise for the late reply to your comments. I also apologise for the lack of input to CBF and ıt's members who have supported and stood by the 3C's for so many years. CBF has not deliberately been missed out in terms of adding the Spring Fair date. In fact it was only finally confirmed a little over a week ago and I think my colleagues were responding to specific requests for information. I should have picked it up myself and posted on here, and as soon as we have a poster I will do so.
As we are a much depleted Committee these days, sadly sometimes we are not as efficient as we might like to be. We are however still working very hard to raise funds to support the local children and schools in the Fethiye area.
We recently had to move our shop and depot at very short notice, and this occupied the time of many of our members.
Your help and support both  in the past, and which still continues is hugely appreciated, and whilst I cannot make excuses for our lack of communication, I hope that I have gone some way to explain.
Thank you Keith and all the members and particularly Highlander for all that you do to help us to help the children.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 22:26:01 PM »
Thank you Cathy.. I know what works is involved in running the charity.. I have no idea how you are still managing.. If you could let us know where the new shop is that would also be helpful I am sure.. Anne.xx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2018, 22:35:27 PM »

PS I do have to say that it was personally disappointing being asked earlier this month on the Committee Members Message Board “who are you – because I haven’t seen you in 12 months”

Being the gentleman we know you to be, I doubt you responded with something like "I'm the guy who works tirelessly on CBF, raising more money than you do".

It is a disgrace for a 3C committee member to show you such condescending disrespect.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2018, 09:26:27 AM »
I love rattling the cage at times.  This forum provide lots of interesting tip and masses of information which is greatly appreciated.  Surely freedom of speech is something we should all embrace.  Occasionally certain people demonstrate a one sided view and the posse have to agree and go with the flow OR be slated and ridiculed. Your way or your say or NO WAY.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2018, 09:29:36 AM »
<sigh>

The old "agree or be slated" whinge.

Ok Ray, as I clearly stated - I think it doesn't matter if they post here, what matters is that people are made aware of events so they are successful.

You disagree, which is your right. Which bit do you disagree with?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2018, 15:56:48 PM »
The local charities with, the exceptions of the animal charities and Üzümlü Group and to a certain extent Embrace, might find that if they took the time to share information and post photos of how the money raised is spent there might be more interest from local people in getting involved.

When I visit the groups I'm a member of there's streams of posts for fundraising events but barely if any mention of how those funds are being used.

Feedback isn't just important for people that donate it's crucial if you want people to be motivated to get more involved. It'd also help raise more actual donations via PayPal etc which might in turn reduce the amount of fundraisers that need organising making participation less onerous and time better spent helping the children and others that benefit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf