Author Topic: Suggestions for Dalyan Trip  (Read 2792 times)

Offline IanK

Suggestions for Dalyan Trip
« on: May 14, 2018, 13:09:47 PM »
Hi all,

we are planning to go to Dalyan later this summer with the family and wondering how best to do this.

Weve been before a couple of times but always arrived by boat in Ekincik and then taken a day trip boat up the river from there. The river trip through the reeds is a really nice part of the experience.

So, if we do this by land from Calis, Ekincik is a long way as you need to go all the way around the lake, so are there any boat trips that start our side of the river?

Basically want the whole experiece but preferably without driving to Ekincik!

Regards

Ian

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
Re: Suggestions for Dalyan Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 15:27:49 PM »
Last year, we had a week in Dalyan after our Calis holiday.  We got a taxi, which was 150tl, but you can go by bus from Fethiye with one change.  In the centre of Dalyan, there are numerous boats ferrying people to Iztuzu Beach, or you can do a trip which includes the mud baths and a trip round the lake.

Offline IanK

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 17:55:57 PM »
Hi Lindsay,

thanks for that. I have no problem getting there (we will rent a car). but it was more a case of where to get a boat from. I guess we can get a boat down to the beach and then also back up to the mud baths and the lake from Dalyan town.

Ian

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 20:27:07 PM »
Just be careful of rogue individuals offering to take you to the boats (or the beach etc) - you won't be needing them.

Offline Teegee99

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 20:46:02 PM »
Hi Ian, having been to Dalyan for the last few years, simply park the car and head to the river there are local co-op boats which go to the beach every 30 minutes in high season. It was 15tl return last year. Alternatively you could catch the dolmus from the mosque square which will take you to the other end of the beach. Both have facilities for drinks food and toilets. The dolmus end has a turtle hospital which was free to enter last year, but as you will be driving you could drive to the bus end, there is a charge for parking. Some people get the dolmus and then walk the length of the beach about 5 kilometres (to far for me). You could also hire a boat for yourself depending how many are in you party, as there are usually some there for hire, most provide a bbq have drinks and some have toilet facilities.

Offline IanK

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 08:35:28 AM »
Thanks all.

Teegee, just making sure I understood correctly - you can hire a boat from the East end of the beach where the turtle sanctuary is?

Thanks

Ian

Offline Teegee99

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 18:39:28 PM »
Hi Ian,
You hire the boat in Dalyan, there are usually plenty moored up. If you go towards the beach you will arrive at the west end of the beach. You can't get a boat to the turtle sanctuary end (east end) this is only accessible by road.

Offline IanK

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 17:46:08 PM »
Many thanks - I think we will try and hire a boat to ouirselves in dalyan.

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf