Author Topic: Ephesus  (Read 2270 times)

Offline linjim

Ephesus
« on: September 27, 2005, 18:52:43 PM »
We have booked our holiday in Calis next July (yes already). My brother who is coming with us would love us to do the two day Ephesus trip. The general opinion of most people appears to be that it may be too hot in July. Has anyone been in July? If so, is it unbearable or are we ok taking plenty of water etc. Any advice would be welcome. Linda

Offline teresa321

Ephesus
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 19:31:26 PM »
Very Very hot - take hats and water. If you are lucky you will do the site backwards which means starting at the top of the hill and walking down the site.  We have been a few times and the last time we went they had started selling ice cream and water inside the site, this was new to us.  That means you can replenish on the way round (although it will probably cost you). It is very crowded in the summer and there is very little shade.

I think the key to this is - be prepared.  It is fantastic.

Teresa

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Ephesus
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 20:57:04 PM »
when i went it was in june and it was hot i took to standing in the shade of the stones,when i could.
when we went our tourist guide nearly came to blows with the japenese guide who were always next to us ,and they made such a row and cameras clicking at everything and everyone,so we could not hear what our guide was telling us nearly world war 3

Offline linjim

Ephesus
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 18:21:40 PM »
Thanks for the info folks. We will go prepared with hats etc and try to avoid any Japanese tourists! Linda

Offline lolly

Ephesus
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 11:19:13 AM »
Ephesus is stunning at any time of the year. Just go well prepared.
Japanese tourists are another thing. In reality there are only really 50 of them 2 of which appear on at least 1 photo of mine from wherever we've been. Same 2 different hats!!!!!!!!!!!

Lolly x

Offline jantaylor

Ephesus
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 12:33:24 PM »
We did Ephesus in August- baking but brilliant, take a brolly as a parasol and plenty of water. Also loads of film for your camera, the site is enormous and all of it is briliant. There are even roman lavatories! It is the most amazing place and not to be missed! I thought the ice creams were VERY expensive in there, but vital, then I realised they were the same as the tourist prices in central London!
Jan

Offline linjim

Ephesus
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 16:29:10 PM »
Thanks, we have decided to go, sounds excellent. I will try and get your tourists in my pictures Lolly and we can compare hats!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf