Author Topic: Honeymoon Trip - Sightseeing Istanbul to Dalaman  (Read 2589 times)

Offline susuz.1

Honeymoon Trip - Sightseeing Istanbul to Dalaman
« on: November 20, 2005, 21:38:59 PM »
My daughter and fiancé are honeymooning in our new apartment in Calis next year.

They plan to fly first to Istanbul (ideas on best way to book flights appreciated - they are thinking of flying business class) for a couple of days en-route and then perhaps to fly on to Dalaman to continue their stay in Calis. Whilst there they plan to arrange sightseeing trips in the local area.

As I'm not familiar with what there is to see around Istanbul, does anyone have any personal knowledge or recommendations?  

Would it be possible to book return flights to Istanbul and return flights from Istanbul to Dalaman from the same operator in the UK?

Your help would much appreciated  :)

Offline Hazel

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 22:48:50 PM »
Hi Sue we visited Istanbul last March just for one day whilst on our way back from Dalaman.

We visited the Blue Mosque, St. Sophias Church, Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazar. It was very tiring doing it all in one day but worth the effort, Istanbul is very busy the bazar is none stop gold shops and is quite a sight.  

Hope this helps.

Hazel

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 01:50:56 AM »
Thanks for the reply Hazel - looks like there's plenty to do in Istanbul for a couple of days' visit

Sue

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 07:47:47 AM »
To do any justice to Istanbul. you need to spend about 4 days there. It gives you time to see the sites, have a ride on a Bosphorus ferry, try some food in the various restaurants etc and take in the atmosphere.

There are so many places to recommend, but why not just buy on one the many guide books that are available and read all about it before going there.

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 22:22:54 PM »
Thanks for the tips Alan - I think I'll get her a guide book as part of her Christmas present! 8)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 15:48:11 PM »
Daily flights from Istanbul to Dalaman (& return) are operated by Turkish Airlines, alternatively if they're feeling a bit more adventurous & want to take in the sights between Istanbul & Fethiye e.g Gallipoli, Troy, Ephesus & (I think) Pummukale the Fez Tours bus leaves Istanbul every 2nd day & takes about 4 days to reach Fethiye.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 17:01:43 PM »
british aiways fly twice a day now to istanbul and thier prices are pretty good ..if thats any help!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf