Author Topic: Hello Everybody  (Read 1028 times)

Offline csblueboy

« on: February 19, 2006, 12:29:05 PM »
Hello people, I have been an avid Voyuer of this site for the past few months and thought it was about time to come out of the shadows!!.
My name is Craig and along with my family have bought a Villa in Uzumlu which will be ready in May. This is a great site to get info from and there seems to be a real Brit Community building up over on the Turquoise coast and who can blame them as it is really a great place.  My only concern would be that it becomes too popular and it becomes spoilt.  Does anyone know if there are any building limits in areas around Uzumlu/Fethiye/Calis in order to prevent these places from becoming concrete jungles in the next few years?  All the press I read back here at home are really positive about Turkey and it is being billed as the new Spain for overseas investors, and whilst this is good news for us (as it pushes property prices up) it could all be too much in say 5-10 years.  I am also looking at Sargerme/Dalyan due to the investment that the Government are putting into this area ie golf course etc. Has anyone any experience as to how land prices have increased in the last 12-18 months.  Any help much appreciated and I look forward to reading and posting many informative posts in the future. Craig
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 12:31:34 PM by csblueboy »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Hello Everybody
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 14:58:15 PM »
Hi and a warm welcome to the Forum. If and it is a big If, it becomes like Spain I think you are talking twenty years down the line. At the moment there is more property being built than sold and prices are only slowly moving upwards.  Places like Dalyan because of things like the Golf course may well become expensive places to live, perhaps not important unless you wish to live there on a permenant basis. For me, I like it as it is and don't want it to change too much. :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Hello Everybody
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 18:35:56 PM »
hi and welcome,why worry about 5-10yrs in the future live for today you only live once enjoy your place in the sun

Offline tel

Hello Everybody
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 21:02:47 PM »
Hello Craig,
Welcome to the forum.
Tel

Offline Orange

Hello Everybody
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 12:00:18 PM »
I and welcome to the forum - you will find lots of info re the ares you have asked about in the search section and good luck

Offline SEVIYORUM

Hello Everybody
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 15:25:05 PM »
Welcome to CBF !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf