Author Topic: Quad biking  (Read 6254 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Quad biking
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 22:31:35 PM »
That is unbelievable KKoB. 3 deaths???? surely this should be banned,simply for the danger element of this. I tell you, there is nothing nicer than walking around Kaya. In fact I will be looking to do it again in May and cant wait. KKOB, I am hoping you will be able to recommend some walks to me? I have two little ones - five and two. the two year old is still in pram, so would welcome any info you can give us on best way to see kaya with a pram. Last time I walked around the village was back in 1994! Only got to the Levissi Wine house last year in the evening. Or are there any other pleasant (not too long) walks in the area that would be suitable for us?Would welcome your hints and tips. thanks.

Offline Dippey

Quad biking
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 01:20:33 AM »
And check your travel insurance, you will find that any activities such as quad riding on public roads (check you have "car insurance" for a motorised wheel vehicle) will not be covered unless all requirements are covered as specified in your insurance details.

Offline davidzz

Quad biking
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 21:56:14 PM »
All said and done(what does that mean?) We took a walk from Ovacik to kaya village last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.The children (are we nearly there yet)and ourseselves had the opportunity see some lovely countryside and the local wildlife.The wife fell in love with a gorgeous Villa on the way there but I persuaded her we could not afford it(its not yours Alan.Is it?).

David

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Quad biking
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 07:47:03 AM »
NO,it's not. Ours is on the opposite side of the valley to the Ghost Village.

If she means the big white villa with the terraced gardens on the right as you enter the village, it's yours for £500,000. But, it's got no water ! ( Apart from what runs down the inside walls ) LOL

Offline pegs

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 15:57:41 PM »
hi to KayaKoyuOldboy, yes I did know about the accidents, or at least 2 of them on the bad bends coming from Hisaronu down the hill BUT did not hear of any fatalities. I did quite a few rides last summer and the guy I used did give good comprehensive instructions on how to use them AND he refused to take people who did not show they were competent during the practice. His English/German is good as he,s lived in england and also has a German business partner so he can be easily understood. Helmets are always provided.
  I feel it,s unfair to blame the companies for all accidents, what happened to personal responsibility???? On one of the trips I did, 2 supposedly grown up men, both in their 40s decided to race each other down the road from Hisaronu, yes right where the bad bends are and the accidents happened. As for driving on the right hand side, the group usually takes the safest route, ie away from the edges and is their a right hand side on a muck track only wide enough to take 1 way traffic? I agree under 16s should not be driving the quads and some road experience is useful but you have to look at how the locals drive - is there really a lot of difference to them and a 17 yr old having fun on a quad???
Believe it or not the only accident i saw was a Turkish friend of the owner of the company I was riding with.
I love KK and the walks around there are great, my legs are usually my form of transportation and would encourage anybody to have a wander round, but I object to 'tearing through KK' and I think the  50-60 is a bit of an exaggeration, at the most I bet I,ve seen 30 on a good day, but I suppose for some people even 30 is too many.

Which ever way you choose to get around anywhere you should show consideration for the environment and other visitors as well as the locals.

Offline Lilli

Quad biking
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 15:24:12 PM »
how much is a quad safari in calis? and can you hire quad-bikes for the day ? if so how much?

Offline wickwilly

Quad biking
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 20:34:23 PM »
Could have done with a quad bike on Sunday after almost getting stuck down the end of your lane KKOB.Still quite wet down there I noted!!!

WW

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Quad biking
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 07:39:57 AM »
You could have called in for a cuppa!

I stood there watching you for a while wondering what sort of *ick-head would go down the lane while it was still flooded !!

When are you coming back to clean up all that flour you left in my lane ? :D ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 07:41:23 AM by KKOB »

Offline wickwilly

Quad biking
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 14:11:42 PM »
Next time I am in Kaya I will call you and call in for a cuppa. Might even bring a brush!!!.

WW

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Quad biking
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 21:02:24 PM »
My 2 girlies used the quad bikes in Calis.  They had a great day out with lunch etc.  Can't remember how much it was though, although I do remember it being a lot less expensive than KayaKoy and they didn't have to go very far - 2 minutes up the road!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf