Author Topic: Quarantine for pets  (Read 5419 times)

Offline clipper

Quarantine for pets
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 17:43:33 PM »
Thanks for the good advice. We are going to go back to the uk for a vehicle and drive back. Thanks for the web address.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Quarantine for pets
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 18:38:01 PM »
Make sure you have the original V5 for the vehicle and that, if it's not registered in your name, you have a letter from the owner authorising you to take the vehicle to Turkey.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Quarantine for pets
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 19:13:22 PM »
When I drove over four months ago having just bought a vehicle in the UK I did not have the SORN because it was at the DVLA to be registered. I did have the part that is retained by the new keeper and they were happy to accept that as it had the chassis number recorded on it.We had a vauxhall zafira and that caused all sorts of problems until I told them that it is an Opel in Europe and that solved my problems. On their computer they have to tick a maker and they could not find Vauxhall.

When driving into Turkey be careful because you have to go through 3 checkpoints and being good old Turkey each one had to stamp the form before you could move on to the next one. In fairness they were very good and did appreciate my little Turkish that I have. If you come back via Ipsala et to the customs post early as the reeks have not woken up.

Just be warned what they did when we went through the border may not be what they will do when you turn up. Turkish authority seems to make the rules up as they go along. Just be pleasant to the customs officials the guy behind us started an argument and they virtually tore his car apart.

Best of luck with your travels. anything you need on the journeto and back just email throuh my profile.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf