Author Topic: Ölüdeniz to get its first dolphinarium  (Read 35190 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ölüdeniz to get its first dolphinarium
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2010, 10:40:31 AM »
The truth is that people who want to swim with dolphins (strange bunch but there seem to be plenty) probably won't know that they are held captive in a swimming pool up a mountain till they actually get there. I doubt refunds will be an option either. The promotional literature will be interesting too. Will it show this paddling pool? More probable is a close up of a dolphin, or who knows, maybe even a big dolphinarium from the other side of the World.

Offline skipking

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »
Should have added maybe if we all emailed the daily mirror they may look into it?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 10:51:01 AM »

Offline milliemars

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 10:52:14 AM »
I don,t see a problem of swimming with Dolphins,as long as they are in their natural enviroment and they are free to swim to you,that I would say would be an experience of a lifetime.Hopefully anyone with friends and family coming here will encourage them not to go to this god forsaken place.

Offline skipking

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2010, 10:53:15 AM »
Thankyou scunner i have also emailed all the people i know to also post a comment on the news article.
Not sure what else we can do?

Offline kaptainkrunchie

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2010, 10:58:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

The truth is that people who want to swim with dolphins (strange bunch but there seem to be plenty) probably won't know that they are held captive in a swimming pool up a mountain till they actually get there. I doubt refunds will be an option either. The promotional literature will be interesting too. Will it show this paddling pool? More probable is a close up of a dolphin, or who knows, maybe even a big dolphinarium from the other side of the World.

Boycott all travel agents, bars etc that promote this place.

Ask Thomas Cook and others to get their reps on their welcome brief to advise clients to avoid this place (Tui have withdrawn Kas dolphinarium from their list)

Offline peecee

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »
I would agree with all of the above but, in the meantime, is there no 'official' department that can be complain to?  Making it known in UK papers is great but will it have the desired affect on holidaymakers?  The welfare of the dolphins is paramount, can't it be stopped before they get here?  And how/why were they captured to begin with!
This sickens me.

Offline cheers

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2010, 13:09:23 PM »
I have posted a new discussion on Keramettin Yilmaz's board signed the WWF, reported the article to Facebook, couldn't e mail the Mirror for some reason.

Anything else I can do?

[:(!]:-\[:(!]

Offline Harmless

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2010, 13:18:56 PM »
Someone has started the discussion on facebook, I added a comment, link below for anyone else who would also like to appeal to the Mayor.
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=12976&post=59320&uid=60918454483#post59320

Offline cheers

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2010, 13:20:59 PM »
That was me - totally disgusted!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf