Author Topic: Insufficient broadband width  (Read 6446 times)

Offline saklivadi

Insufficient broadband width
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 16:16:43 PM »
my husband has avea and I changed from turkcell last year in the hope that it would better........nothing. locals also have the same problem but seem content with it as they know no better, I just thought there would be some technology that we were unaware of out there.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 16:25:18 PM »
I think we were typing and posting at the same time - take a look at the post above yours if you haven't seen it, should help...

Offline saklivadi

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 16:28:31 PM »
OK ......going to upgrade at ttnet and save ourselves 10 TL a month ....that will then go towards buying Scunners widget and will be opening all doors in the house so that signal is not impeded. Once widget is in place, savings go towards extra carrots for donkeys and a footstool so that we can relax and enjoy our TV online! A winner...thanks folks.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 19:16:12 PM »
That gizmo that Scunner mentioned for boosting your Wi-fi signal has been a really worthwhile investment for me, gives full strength signal all over the house. - KiPA have them for around 30 Lira and most of the computer shops have them from 25 - 50 Lira

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 08:58:26 AM »
I have just taken a contract for internet.  The lady at the telephone office speaks very good English and is very helpful. She sits at the desk on the ground floor,top right hand corner.   :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 11:11:01 AM »
Must be a different one to one we know there then. lol

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 11:21:52 AM »
We have done speed tests and are coming up with 5.32 mbps.  We have been using tvaccess.com with a few problems but we accept that. We know that the speed drops when tv access is connected but for the last 3 days it keeps dropping every 5 minutes saying insufficient bandwidth. When we turn it off the 5.32 comes back on again. I think Neil has no idea what to do now and it is driving us barmy. Any ideas anyone and is anyone else having this problem at the moment.? we have tried all his 3 servers and the same results. I think the laptop will be going throught the screen anytime now. lol

Offline saklivadi

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 16:34:16 PM »
We have also been hounding Neil. I am not sure why he does not know the problems and how to solve them if it something other than bandwidth?

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 16:36:22 PM »
Before you go charging off and signing up for something make sure that it can be achieved. You may sign up for 8mgs but that may not be possible in Nif. It is a bit out in the sticks and speeds can be determined by distance from the nearest exchange.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 07:02:50 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ray1951

I have just taken a contract for internet.  The lady at the telephone office speaks very good English and is very helpful. She sits at the desk on the ground floor,top right hand corner.   :)

Ray - when you signed up did they say if you got the wireless router?
Also I believe you have to get an electrician to "connect" the phone as TT only do wiring to the property not inside? If that is the case anyone got a number for an electrician near Kipa or can we use any "spark" off the main road near us or does it have to be a telecoms engineer?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf