Author Topic: Internet Speeds  (Read 2876 times)

Offline screamlead

Internet Speeds
« on: April 18, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »
Hi All,

Just had a few glitches today with the weather etc nets been on and off all morning.
SO did a reboot on my router and went into settings to check it - all in turkish mind.
Its coming up with 11998mbs - 12mb connection?? i am paying for an unlimited 8mb connection so looks like i have been upgraded? Anyone elses speeds gone up? i checked with speedtest.net and its pulling 10.05 to istanbul and 7mbs to london - so not bad at all.:D:P

Offline jackstee

Internet Speeds
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »
Just tried and still only 3.5 mb

Offline giggles

Internet Speeds
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 08:47:11 AM »
Lucky you, I am still only getting o.5 in Ovacik.   Really really bad most of the time.

Offline maximumtom

Internet Speeds
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 19:43:43 PM »
I have been trying to get TTNET to do something about my broadband ( near the Sunday market) for 3 weeks.  They have not answered a single e-mail ( I try and do things by email if possible because of a hearing problem). Consequently, I have phoned every day for about 10 days and they have not solved my problem. Although I have no idea if they have actually tried anything - they have not contacted me. I pay for 4Mbps unlimited and have been getting about 1Mbps for 4 weeks.  I had phone and ADSL suspended for 3 months while I was in the UK and it is only since I had it turned back on that I have had trouble.

Offline Libra

Internet Speeds
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 15:33:27 PM »
I live in Ovacik and have now a 8.5 Mbps connection speed on the modem and about 7.4 Mbps on TTNET 's own speed test :

http://hiztesti.ttnet.com.tr/index.php?testMode=1-8Mbit&cevap=evet

Offline screamlead

Internet Speeds
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 16:13:40 PM »
Using that - 9.64 download, 0.8 upload
Speedtest.net - 9.51 download and 0.81 upload
Probably time of day too 1813 - kids all gaming!!

Offline philrose

Internet Speeds
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 16:34:19 PM »
I have noticed that today my speed seems to have dropped to half and lots of drop outs.

Offline Libra

Internet Speeds
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 06:57:44 AM »
The internal wirings may play a significant role in internet speeds. If there are unused phone lines distributed through different rooms , try to eliminate them and use a decent splitter wherever you have a phone connected and where your modem is connected.

I had such an experience about two years ago. My well working internet connection started not to work anymore one day and the line dropped quite often. Then I had the wires going to upstairs rooms disconnected and had a healthy connection again.

I don't think the builders allways use top quality wires thus their performance may downgrade sometime through dampness , corrosion etc.

Offline philrose

Internet Speeds
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 08:17:19 AM »
Thanks - but the problem must have been with Turkcell. Back up to normal today..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf