Author Topic: Registration of UK phones stopped????  (Read 6211 times)

Offline lizdev

Registration of UK phones stopped????
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 11:21:10 AM »
I have a Turkcell sim in my iPad.  I bought this just prior to the registration requirements.  If I buy an iPad mini with cellular, can I just swap the sim card from my iPad to the iPad mini, or would I have to register the mini? 

Offline Bluwise

Re: Registration of UK phones stopped????
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 18:26:45 PM »
Like your new avatar Sue.
Thanks Marggie - was asked how many chins I am hiding - reply.....at least two last count! ;D

Taken in Fethiye last week.......wish I was there now. 

Offline Fran

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 21:32:51 PM »
I have a Turkcell sim in my iPad.  I bought this just prior to the registration requirements.  If I buy an iPad mini with cellular, can I just swap the sim card from my iPad to the iPad mini, or would I have to register the mini?

I don't think so as the SIM card is registered to your device by its emei number. I put a turk cell SIM card in my ipad, which had previously been in a Turkish bought phone, but it only worked for one visit, the next time we went back it had been switched off.

Offline Hamlet

Re: Registration of UK phones stopped????
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 07:10:30 AM »
We have just returned from a trip to England where we purchased two new mobile phones. You have to take the phone and your passport to the Tax Office in Fethiye. Go to the desk where you pay your car tax on the ground floor, they take details of your passport and the imei number of the phone and you give them 115tl, they will then issue you with a receipt.  We then took the receipt to an Avea shop where we purchased a Sim card and they registered the phones in our names. If you have residency you can use different Turkish Sim cards in the phone, with no residency you are restricted to the one sim card which you registered with.  I think you have to register the phones within 1 month of arriving in Turkey. Phil

That's interesting Phil, so it seems that it has changed yet again. When I registered my Blackberry here nearly two years ago I had to do it at a main Turkcell shop and was told that I couldn't register another for two years, even if mine was lost or broken. I'm thinking of changing phones when the two years is up and it will be interesting to see what the rules are then.

Offline lizdev

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 09:23:17 AM »

I don't think so as the SIM card is registered to your device by its emei number. I put a turk cell SIM card in my ipad, which had previously been in a Turkish bought phone, but it only worked for one visit, the next time we went back it had been switched off.
Thanks Fran, I didn't know it was linked to the imei number.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf