Author Topic: Can anyone report their experience of using FiNet  (Read 10611 times)

Offline Denton

Can anyone report their experience of using FiNet
« on: November 03, 2015, 07:40:04 AM »
Our internet is so so slow it won`t even bring up our emails - so thinking of changing the system to FiNet, but don`t know anybody using it that can give us a report - good or bad.  Any response greatly received.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Can anyone report their experience of using FiNet
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 08:02:03 AM »
I have looked at their service (and indeed future products) and very attractive they look too. Technically I can say that all they claim of their service is very achievable, but I do not have any direct usage experience of the service or of its support, but then it cannot be worse than the TTNET service can it!

I sent an application off last Friday but have not heard back, but will chase today. I will let you know how I got on.  One question I have of others who may of taken the service is did TTNET try to hold anyone to their existing contract?

Finally I can see now that it was the launch of this service locally last month that has driven TTNET / Turk Telecom to put in Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC) service throughout Fethiye, though not Uzumlu, and not as I originally thought the arrival next year of of 4g mobile.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 13:18:28 PM »
to reply to the above posts. have used finet for the past 2 years since they severed the cable at the canal. over the past couple of months it is steadily improving. the only problem is nobody at finet speaks English. sometimes a problem. one thing. I will say that any problems they do have the let you know and normally the problem is resolved. albeit the email is in Turkish. as for a contract with ttnet we have not had that problem as we severed that when they cut the cable. all in all quite happy with the service and at 35tl a month good value. hope this helps.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 14:24:23 PM »
We have it, ( search for Finet and my report is on there)
Have had some terrible times with it, the Calis mast stopped working and instead of telling us we battled for a few days and then after a few calls they came and tuned us to Fethiye, which was a piggin nightmare, I guess as it was too far away to get a stable signal.
We were so fed up with it, and on the verge of calling it a day, when our neighbour,  as luck would have it, pulled the cable out as it was on a stick on his side of the roof, so we had no signal at all, but of course we didn't know this.

Rang them and they came within an hour, and explained the neighbour disconnected it, and had rung them and complained.

So they came to move it and as luck would have it Calis mast was working again, after over a month so they returned is at the same time.
For all we know it could have been working for days....

Anyway, for the last 3 weeks we've had signal of over 7 with the very occasional blip...always seems to be during x factor though!

A friend has had it near Huzur evi, for a few months, never a moments problem.
Another friend has been let down on 4 occasions and given up as they never turned up to fit it.

So there you go.

I hear Bulents friends SKY system is very good, the only down side for me personally is the 600tl set up fee, although monthly charge is only 30 tl, I think, or could be 40tl.

George Rimmer ( Rimms) has it and is very pleased so far.

Overall we're going to stick with Finet and make a further decision when the fibre optic is available.
Their service hasn't been great, unreliable about coming to fix when they say they will, but far better than ttnet overall, but that's not hard.

Our contract had finished with ttnet when we changed over.

Finet have approx 400 customers. I don't think it's relevant to why ttnet are installing cables.

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 14:25:54 PM »
Thanks Jack.  FINET are a more established 'competitor' to Skyfibernet, but using, I believe, very much the same delivery technology.  Although there are some questions over the 'quality' of their network in comparison to the more recently constructed Skynetwork.  Nothing that would make you run from them, particularly with our 'simple' residential service requirements. but relates to the choice (and therefore the price and quality) of equipment providers. Good to hear that the technology solution works though, although no english speakers is a concern.

Just got back from my visit to Skyfibernet offices in Fethiye.  I will update you on what I found out, but first I am going to see George Rimms to check out his experiences as he has the service installed.  George - if your still out there - hopefully we can talk on Friday morning.

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 14:32:20 PM »
Thanks too Kayakebab, you posted just before my second post above.  Interesting experiences you have had.  When you say you have had blips (during busy periods likex factor) how those blips manifest themselves.  Is it TV buffering problems or what?

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 18:39:56 PM »
Agree with everything Kayakebab and Jack13  say - just tested and getting 4.7 - paying 30 lira a month for 2-4.
Engineer who does maintenance / fixes problems speaks little English and seems overworked (the only one!) but on balance happy with what we get and we don't pay when we return to UK. Been using since last November.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 19:09:43 PM »
ubt. more than welcome to come and see our system. be in Friday morning. across the kanal from lapis residence.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Can anyone report their experience of using FiNet
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 21:14:09 PM »
Yes, freezing and buffering.
And yes does seem to be just one guy, he must be so stressed but always has a smile.
As far as not speaking English I firmly believe everyone should be able to do the basics and ring up and say they want Finet and be able to give their address.
And if there's a problem and it goes wrong a simple problem var, and a basic agreeing a time to come should be simple enough.

Another plus point I forgot earlier is that we got a total of 6 weeks free to make up for all the problems.
I believe ttnet have the same policy although we still ended up owing them money when our contract finished!

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 07:37:58 AM »
Took a neighbour to the shop to sign up 10 days ago and none of the two young people spoke any English - fortunately I can get by - so we signed up and paid for connection on Tuesday last week. I had to ring them at 5pm on the day and they said "tomorrow". Stayed in each day and rang each day to be told tomorrow and finally he fitted the system on Saturday. It all worked fine and neighbour was pleased until he did an update on his iPad on Monday. That device now won't connect to the modem but 2 others will. Later he turned off a laptop that was connected but when he rebooted it that had now lost its connection. Reading up on it last night there have been some similar issues with ipad updates and tp link modem's but the laptop and my phone cannot connect so we have rung and have been told 2-3pm - fingers crossed.

Others have reported that Skyfibrenet had English speaking people and I have concluded that although I never bother about it usually - when buying anything "technical" in future - language will be a higher priority.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf