Author Topic: Internet  (Read 14124 times)

Offline madmart

Re: Internet
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 20:53:40 PM »
OK here goes we have Skyfibre installed, just the internet no TV package and no VPN or Smart DNS.

The prices were as follows for a 12 month contract you will get 4MB for 40TL, 6 MB for 60TL and 8MB for 80TL all of these prices are per month. You will also incur an installation charge of 600TL.

The alternative is to pay six months upfront which can be used for any 6 months in a 12 month period. the rates for this are as follows. 4MB 55TL, 6MB 75TL and 8MB 95TL. Once again you will incur an installation charge of 600TL. After the 12 months are up you can then pay on a pay as you go basis.

They also have a TV package which is available at 65TL per month, however I am using a Fire TV stick using Kodi. Smart DNS if you require it is available for 10TL per month.

Hope this helps

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 20:58:58 PM »
Just out of curiosity, does your fire stick work ok there? If you were using it on a daily basis, which package would be needed, would the 4 be enough? :-\

Offline madmart

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 21:28:49 PM »
Fire stick seems ok so far. We have the 6MB connection.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 08:38:41 AM »
Madmart thanks for the update/confirmation on Skyfibernet pricing.  Not sure about the TV service which at 65TL is more expensive than the comprehensive NTV 'English' service (14.99 euro or 50TL) and does not require the 'more' expensive MAG250 box (around £105) than most other android based TV boxes, available for as little as £22.

Not sure why people are taking the 6 or 8 mb service, when a 4mb will carry an HD TV stream and a few other simple low usage activities at the same time.  If you are taking on Skyfiber or Finet then take on the lowest 4mb service, and if it does not have enough oomph for what you want, then check you are getting the 4mb (these are after all guaranteed services) and if you are then upgrade... no point in paying for something that you do not need.

I've still have time before I move from TTNET, and so I will take another look at Finet, which according to reports here indicate an improvement in service in the last few months, and their prices do look more attractive than Skyfiber.

Offline madmart

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 11:35:22 AM »
Took the 6MB mainly because stepson and his girlfriend are due out soon, with my wife on her tablet, an ipad, a laptop and the fire stick all running it could slow down a bit. Also we are used to 76MB back in the UK.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 12:58:06 PM »
I plan to reduce our 10mb sky fiber package.
Currently paying 90tl.
The itv app just doesn't work with their DNS that were paying for and we're having to continue paying for our vpn to get itv and bbc catch up players to work properly.

Loads of buffering and hassle.
It all works fine in the daytime when they come and test it of course.
Dont mind buffering for 40tl but not for 90tl.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 14:05:10 PM »
Ok - my understanding.

We had it fitted yesterday. Pretty easy, very little mess and up and running within 2hours.

We went for the 12 month package - 4mbs for 40ytl month. I questioned the cost of the six month package and was assured that cost included the top speed of 8mbs. So looking at that again it doesn't seem such a bad deal.

Anyway - the 4mbs is giving us about 4.17. It works fine with my Chromecast dongle and we could watch Filmon without any buffering last night. We then watched a full movie via the chromecast and Netflix - again no problems at all.

Contract is in English and very basic. No small print that I could see.

After 24hours we are very happy with the service, speed and the fact it's unlimited.

Well done Skyfibernet.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 14:08:45 PM »
Currently paying 90tl.
The itv app just doesn't work with their DNS that were paying for and we're having to continue paying for our vpn to get itv and bbc catch up players to work properly.

Sent from my LG-H815 using

Get yourself a Chromecast dongle for £30. Download Filmon onto your iPad/laptop, etc and you can get BBC, ITV and most Freeview channels. I used it in Thailand and now Turkey with no probs at all. We watched Coro last night with no buffering.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2016, 14:13:53 PM »
Just bought an apple lead to do same.
With a 90tl a month service  it shouldn't have been necessary.
Also spent 160 tl on a device that keeps electricity stable in case that was the problem.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 09:19:30 AM »
Currently paying 90tl.

Sent from my LG-H815 using

Get yourself a Chromecast dongle for £30. Download Filmon onto your iPad/laptop, etc and you can get BBC, ITV and most Freeview channels. I used it in Thailand and now Turkey with no probs at all. We watched Coro last night with no buffering.

No get yourself an M8Quad Android TV box pre loaded with Kodi and other apps.  It will open the whole world of free live TV and Films, sports and box sets (and internet) to you for a price something like £24, and you can use it back at home too, or indeed anywhere in the world.  Available from Amazon or EBay.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf