Author Topic: 4 TL Compulsory EFES charge in Bars?  (Read 29592 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
4 TL Compulsory EFES charge in Bars?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 11:18:05 AM »
If this rule is true, what is the thinking behind it?  What would motivate the Belediye to do this?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 11:42:57 AM »
Altinkum 6TL Bodrum 6TL Marmaris 5TL Olu Deniz 5+Tl (or whatever they feel they can get away with)  Calis 2.50Tl  or even 4TL what is the matter?  
Bars shut down down nearly every season because they do not do their sums, Profit and Loss they have not a clue!

Gordon did a 4 weekly stock take for a bar he could point out exactly where the loss was what product was being "pilfered" one good (even great day) soon out weighed by one or 2 not so great days. This bar was being ripped off left right and centre, I am sure it is not just this one.  

How may recognise this?  The people that get so sozzled run up a tab forget to pay that night and then the next time they are in the bar argue that they did not have that much, What? they were not even capable of "picking their own nose" that night!!

Rent, electricity, rates, taxes, insurance (if they have one) wages, staff insurance, all this so you can get pi$$ed for less than £2 per beer!

Give them a break you cheapskates!

Angry? yes, not at the price of a beer but how people can be so shallow as to base their holiday or existence on the cost of a beer.

Loz having an off day: :)

Offline kevin b

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 12:38:46 PM »
Are the bars that charge less for beer running it as a loss leader, so as to make the difference up on the food if they sell it, a bit like the supermarkets in UK that sell milk @£1 for 2 litres to get you in the door & buy more.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 13:22:15 PM »
Last September when we finished our drive around Kapadokya - which is also a busy tourist area - we stopped off at Calis for a couple of nights. It was noticeable that the beer on the prom was half the price we had got used to paying. The meals, however, were at least twice the price. Even taking into account that you are paying for the view on the front the bar/restaurants are likely to make more on the kebap roundabouts than they lose on the Efes swings. When I was last in Fethiye it was also noticeable that bars that mainly sold drinks, perhaps with some light snacks, charged much more for the beer - presumably because the bar owners couldn't afford a loss leader.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 13:42:14 PM »
I object to the price being fixed- not really a beer drinker myself but the owner should be able to choose the price he sells for. If the costs are realistic then there is no issue but if the costs simply line a pocket or two then I object. One bars overheads could be less than anothers

Offline farmer

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 14:15:16 PM »
Loz
You presume too much.Do not make the presumption that everyone out here who buys Efes is a holidaymaker.
My challenge to you is to walk around Calis wearing a Tee shirt printed with " If you choose to come here on holiday because you thought the beer here was cheap YOU ARE SHALLOW."
Do not insult me by calling me a cheapskate.
 Farmer.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 14:37:40 PM »
Today is my turn: :) ;)

PMT:(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 14:39:42 PM by loz »

Offline Zappa

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2009, 14:46:54 PM »
How much is an Efes in Seril 1 these days? Was the cheapest in Calis a couple of years back.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2009, 14:47:33 PM »
I don't think the price of a beer is that important. Being ripped off by a voluntary price fixing cartel is. I'd pay 4 lira, I'd pay 6 lira or 2.5 lira, but the establishment should warrant the price it asks. A back street bar shouldn't think it can charge the same as Sat restaurant (for example). That's the free market and it works.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2009, 14:49:36 PM »
we came back today after 17 nights in Calis, been catching up on the forum came across this thread re beer prices, i dont know where some people have been drinking but prices along the front range from .   2 tl,  yes that right in georges on mondays , 2.5 at far end of prom  up to 4.5 in mangol,, [ but they came down to 4 tl on 10 th june ] most were 3tl for draft 3.5 for bottles, only saw / found 2 places @ 4 tl.  the super,market opposite the oykun with free delivery was a crate of 48 bottles for 46 tl == less than 2 tl a lge efes

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf