Author Topic: Where to get your E-Visa  (Read 6710 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Where to get your E-Visa
« on: May 27, 2016, 12:31:27 PM »
The only place to get your E-Visa is: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/ and thats it, nowhere else.

I've made this a "sticky post" here, as well as in the Residency & Visas section.

JF

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
Re: Where to get your E-Visa
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 12:56:17 PM »
Thank you John as I was going to start looking into this and you have made my life much easier. B xxxx

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 20:41:16 PM »
in relation to visa, I was out in June got my evisa on passport I had then that doesn't expire until 5th December, but I now have new passport as old one wouldn't have had 6 month expiry left after this visa, Do I need to purchase another visa or should I bring expired passport as well ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 20:53:28 PM »
Yes, bring your expired passport.

Offline jamesuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 07:21:25 AM »
The last time we I came to Turkey it cost a tenner and had to be a tenner or you didn't get in.I now see it has jumped up to 20 dollars which I
believe is £16 sterling and you can only do it online. Must be a big headache for say a family of 4 to pay on top of their holiday cost. But back
then at least I could say I was a multi millionaire In Turkish money that is.  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 07:45:13 AM »
I think you will find you can still get your visa at the airport but it will cost you £20.00 so cheaper and quicker to get it online at $20.00.
Also, worth remembering that it costs a Turkish citizen a lot more than $20.00 to get a visa to visit the U.K.

Offline true blue

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 14:52:07 PM »
Its funny because I was going to put a post up about the visa costs.
Karen and I are out next week and she has done the visa online as normal.
The bank statement shows the total transaction costs including all charges is £35.80 this when it is broken down amounts to £33.55 for the two visas,a charge of 75p transaction fee and then £1.50 for a non sterling transaction.
Each visa has cost £17.90 a massive increase compared to the old £10 stamp.
 Its now not far off as being as cheap to pay the £20 at the airport upon arrival.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 15:07:11 PM »
Don't blame the Turks, the relative increase recently is due to the poor GBP v USD rate, and we know who's to blame for that.

JF

Offline madmart

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 16:10:35 PM »
It's not much consolation now I know. If you change your credit card for one with no foreign transaction fees you will at least save yourself the bank charges. Myself and several others on CBF use the Clarity Card from Halifax. Using that at today's rate 18/10/2016 you would have paid in total approx. £32.50.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 16:22:58 PM »
Its funny because I was going to put a post up about the visa costs.
Karen and I are out next week and she has done the visa online as normal.
The bank statement shows the total transaction costs including all charges is £35.80 this when it is broken down amounts to £33.55 for the two visas,a charge of 75p transaction fee and then £1.50 for a non sterling transaction.
Each visa has cost £17.90 a massive increase compared to the old £10 stamp.
 Its now not far off as being as cheap to pay the £20 at the airport upon arrival.

Yes,but, paying at the Airport nowadays can be a pain as the Visa Desk is not always manned and you could be delayed for a long time getting the Visas and then getting in a queue to get your passport stamped. 
Some Turkish  pay hundreds for a visa to Britain, so £17.90 is not a lot and it is also valid for more than one visit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf