Author Topic: 38 Reasons why you should never visit Scotland  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
Re: 38 Reasons why you should never visit Scotland
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 19:11:08 PM »
My son lives in the highlands and Shetland Isles, he also is a "Munroe Bagger". It is his favourite country in the world. Whilst out walking he came face to face with a stag and found it a marvellous experience.

Relations we stayed with  near Inverness  made us so welcome and the steak up there is really good as is the whisky. 

As in England there does seem to be a north south divide.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 20:54:24 PM »
The best Whisky and the best Steak in the world in Scotland.  One reason I never order steak in Turkey, because when I am getting the best steak in Scotland, why would I order it in Turkey?
Also we have the best and most beautiful bridge in the world.  The Forth Rail Bridge.  Standing in Queensferry and just looking at the bridge always makes me shiver as it is so wonderful and we are so lucky to have it.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 21:39:11 PM »
The best Whisky and the best Steak in the world in Scotland.  One reason I never order steak in Turkey, because when I am getting the best steak in Scotland, why would I order it in Turkey?
Also we have the best and most beautiful bridge in the world.  The Forth Rail Bridge.  Standing in Queensferry and just looking at the bridge always makes me shiver as it is so wonderful and we are so lucky to have it.

Surely you mean The Forth Bridge Jacqui, it has NEVER been officially known as The Forth Rail Bridge, only called so by the heathen Sassenach !!  The other bridge however, is , and always has been The Forth Road bridge !!  Just saying innit !!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 21:50:46 PM »
Well as not everyone on this forum is Scottish or has visited Scotland, it's best to make it clear what I am speaking about. Personally, we always call it the Forth Bridge, but as there are two bridges and soon to be three, it is best to be sure people know which bridge I mean.

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 12:21:24 PM »
Well as not everyone on this forum is Scottish or has visited Scotland, it's best to make it clear what I am speaking about. Personally, we always call it the Forth Bridge, but as there are two bridges and soon to be three, it is best to be sure people know which bridge I mean.
Jacqui, you and GordonA should get together like Simon and Garfunkel and sing "Bridge Over Troubled Waters"  ;D

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 12:36:13 PM »

Not really, to me calling the Forth Bridge The Forth Rail Bridge is , to me at least, like calling the clock tower at Westminster, Big Ben, when it isn't !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf