Author Topic: Caretta Apart hotel  (Read 4120 times)

Offline thinwhiteduke53

• Newly Registered
Caretta Apart hotel
« on: February 01, 2013, 14:30:24 PM »
Hi Folks
Very excited about coming to Turkey for the 1st time and have reserved a room at this hotel. Its got great reviews on Trip Advisor and the owner didn't even want a deposit!
Has anyone stayed there? love to know what you think of it  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Caretta Apart hotel
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 15:07:47 PM »
We used to live in the next street to it and would pop in regularly. The owners Can AKA "John" and Mary are legendary - such nice people. My parents wanted to visit us but have their own space so we chose Caretta as being round the corner it was ideal. They absolutely loved it and Can (who is a doctor) really looked after them. Most of the people you will meet staying there will have been coming to the Caretta for years and years - often same fortnight, same apartment! I can't think of a better recommendation than that.

Location is great too - just a couple of hundred yards into the action and with the new bridge over the canal you can be on the prom in no time. I'm sure you will really love it, you chose well.

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 15:56:52 PM »
Just to echo what Scunner says. John and Mary's son Cem (Gem) has a lot to do with the day to day running of the hotel these days and he simply cannot do enough for you. Location wise, it is about as good as it gets. A less than 5 minute stroll into all the action and the beach but far enough away for peace and quiet. Having said that, we own the villa next door and if we are in town it may not be so quiet :P

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 16:04:45 PM »
 Paul you will have the experience of a lifetime at the Caretta Apartments. I have never met such nice and attentive people as John and his family are towards their guests. We have been going there for the past 5 years. The last 3 twice a year and this year booked for the months of June and September.Most regulars book a year ahead just to make sure they get in.

Offline thinwhiteduke53

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 17:12:45 PM »
Thanks everyone for the great replies just need to find some reasonable flights now  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 17:45:29 PM »
You'll find that the rooms/apartments are pretty basically kitted out - but that's often the way.

Offline marina

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 17:46:18 PM »
Can't disagree with anything already said.  We've been going to Calis for a few years now but only stayed at the Carretta for the first time last year.  And we're back again in May!  As has been said before most people you will meet there have been going back once or twice a year, same weeks, same apartment for years!!   ;D

If there's anything at all you need when you are there you only have to ask. 

It's in an ideal position to get to the promenade and loads of bars/restaurants and shops.  Also, the dolmus into Fethiye stops just outside. 

We can't wait until we get back there in May!

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:27:12 AM »
I've had 2 lots of friends that have stayed there and re booked the following year. They couldn't rate it highly enough, and it seems 'Dr John' is why everyone goes back he seems a real character. Hope you enjoy your first visit to Calis.

Offline thinwhiteduke53

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 12:32:02 PM »
Thanks I'm sure we will   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 13:27:03 PM »
It's not all about it being a nice place - we got 15% off a blood test from Dr John :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf