Author Topic: Accommodation in Calis  (Read 4428 times)

Offline jill78

• Newly Registered
Accommodation in Calis
« on: January 10, 2014, 15:14:52 PM »
Hi,
I am looking at self catering accommodation and there are so many!! We are after 2 bedrooms for 2 adults and 2 kids who will be 3 and 6 in the summer. Preferably ground floor as I have a pair of climbers. We also want to be close to beach and shops/restaurants with a pool shallow enough for the boys. Some of the complexes look like they only have 1 pool which could be too deep for them.
Extras we would like include washing machine, air con. Any suggestions would be great thanks.
My husband was looking at caretta apartments they have brilliant reviews if anyone knows anything about them too.

Offline Bluwise

Re: Accommodation in Calis
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 15:55:44 PM »
try http://www.calisvilla.co.uk -
There is a lot to choose from generally and often it's hard to know the exact location of some of the apartments so why not find one or two you like the look of then ask if anyone on here knows where they are.   

Enjoy browsing for that perfect place!

Offline jill78

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 16:11:11 PM »
Thanks, I'll do that. We have became fussy since holidaying with kids, we are so indecisive.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 16:55:26 PM »
Summer Apartments are very good

Go to www.joylettings.com

Search
Apartment
Fetiye Calis Beach
SM25

Happy hunting  :)

Offline jill78

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 12:28:20 PM »
Thanks, they look great. We like the look of Sunset beach but looks like it is a bit of a walk to the shops and restaurants, pools look great for the kids though. Do you know anything about Leb Rentals they have a few groud floor apts that look well equipped?
Can I also ask what the beach is like for kids with it being shingle? Would they need beach shoes?

Offline kevmclean2001

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 14:59:32 PM »
I have sent you a private message regarding possible accommodation in summer

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 16:17:48 PM »
Sunset Beach is lovely and isn't too far out to the start of the prom. and at that time of year there is a dolmus that will stop right outside if too hot to walk.  You can pick up cheap and cheerful Croc type shoes for the children at lots of place in Calis if you need them for the beach.  If you can rent from someone on the forum that would be my recommendation as you can then get all the info you need on location/facilities etc.  I would just feel more secure renting from a forum member unless I knew exactly where I was going.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 18:09:58 PM »
There are lots of us who own apartments in and around Calis Jill.
As Sue said, take a browse around http://www.calisvilla.co.uk for lots of choices.
Once you've narrowed it down come on and shout for directions, location etc.
Another thing to watch out for is that, if you do manage to rent from someone on the forum, make sure they
are indeed an active member of the forum and not someone who sees a quick buck.  That way you will be sure
to have a good relationship before your holiday.
Have fun searching and enjoy your holiday.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 18:10:29 PM »
We stayed at Sunset Beach a few years ago, and it is excellent for families.  There are various pools, including one situated right next to the restaurant, they had two bbq evenings in the week we were there, with the kids running around, and playing on bikes, scooters etc.  The beach is shingle but as Jacqui says cheap beach shoes are available in the local shops, and it really is only a short flat walk back to the prom.  There is a brilliant on-site massage and Turkish bath, which is very good value, also an indoor pool if you want a break from children.  The staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful, and we booked two trips through reception, and were picked up from the front of the complex. Although as a single person I would not go there again, I could thoroughly recommend it for a young family, ground floor would be best with small children.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 18:13:05 PM »
Apologies Bluwise, I said Jaqui but I meant you, bet you thought you'd gone up in the world  : :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf