Author Topic: 2015 prices  (Read 8572 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
2015 prices
« on: February 19, 2015, 15:30:21 PM »
I am more than a bit shocked  :o :o at how much more accomodation is this year. Some increases are downright obscene. Curious to find out if any other members going to Calis this year has noticed the hike in hotel prices.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: 2015 prices
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 18:01:42 PM »
What sort of rise are we talking about here Toky?   Just interested as we always recommend friends to come to Calis often tell them that Hotels are cheap.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 18:11:20 PM »
Just a couple of examples Jacqui,  Ceren hotel 2 weeks B&B £618, Golden Moon B&B £574 (more than £150 more tham last year), Ibrahim Bey B&B £618!!! Area B&B £875. Just outrageous for these (hardly luxurious) hotels  :-\

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 18:22:25 PM »
Not sure if it's any help  but my local Co Op Travel shop often has Turkey offers

in it's window. Yesterday a late April 10 day B&B Birmingham to Turkey, not sure which

resort, was  £170 and didn't stipulate min number of people, which it sometimes does.

Offline Christie

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 18:55:17 PM »
Toky - are these prices for package deals or just the hotel ?  must admit they do seem high if it is just the hotel.  We have been checking out prices for hotels in Spain for September/October and they seem very reasonable - might be time for a change.   

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 19:04:19 PM »
I can never understand why people choose to stay in hotels when renting an apartment is so much cheaper and gives you so much more room and flexibility. We always rent an apartment, we have two bedrooms, (there is room to sleep 6) all mod cons. pool, towels and linen etc.  The price in June is around £350 for 10 days, and you can get cheaper if you want something more basic.   There is plenty of choice of places to rent in and around Calis, and we are always able to stay on in the apartment for our evening flight instead of being tipped out of our hotel room by 10am.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 19:34:19 PM »
I can never understand why people choose to stay in hotels when renting an apartment is so much cheaper and gives you so much more room and flexibility.

After 10 years of owning a property/living in Calis we stay in hotels (normally the Oykun) and it suits us just perfectly thanks. We like the 24 hour security, no great worry about coming home and finding the place ransacked, the fact that we walk downstairs each morning in leisurely fashion and someone else has sorted out breakfast and there is good banter between guests of many types.

To reply to the question - we book the Oykun direct and this year is the third year the price is exactly the same.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 20:11:19 PM »
We stay in a small complex most apartments are owned by UK persons, next door are a couple who live there all year round who keep an eye on all apartments.  Not heard of any apartments on complexes being ransacked, any more than hotel rooms being burgled.  Each to his own, would not be narrow minded about anyone having an opinion.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 20:27:04 PM »
Hotel v Apartment = horses for courses I reckon. Each to their own etc.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 21:17:47 PM »
Well exactly - I can't understand all these people who can't understand what others do.

We are very happy indeed at our chosen hotel and don't even look at alternatives. I do however have the capacity to understand why others may prefer an apartment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf