Author Topic: Overall Favourite Hotel  (Read 4877 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Overall Favourite Hotel
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2020, 19:34:12 PM »
Only ever stayed in one hotel and it was the Yucel near Guven’s. Back then (2003) we got the most basic of rooms as it was free from the estate agent. Nice hotel though. Lovely pool and the people we spoke to at the bar loved it and went every year. It’s still there as well. Right on the beach and tucked away from the noise.

Anyone stayed there since 2003?

Offline blueclad

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 10:06:24 AM »
we pulled up down a dusty pot holed track 17 years ago and stayed at the golden moon hotel after a long coach trip from the airport up the mountain  twisty tiny road [ no tunnel then ] and we greeted my a huge family of around 28 I recall drunk s and bombing the pool area, 2 days later we moved across the road to the oykun hotel like several others I must add, it was only one building then  but sheer bliss, we have stayed friends with the owners all this time and now their son and his wife  & family live there , we were there when young oykun was demobbed from the army , that was a real Turkish party, we were then a few years later invited to oykuns wedding again quite a few regulars were there also invited, this year after 18 years were are going once again for 3 weeks,in june
we did stay at the kann hotel one time which was good but a little far out when we could not get a late break as oykun was full ..
over the years we have seen so many changes some good some not so good in calis area , one huge loss in our opinion was the old post office that was the in place to be in and seen in

Offline daveG

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 12:33:29 PM »
AHHHH Yes Keith that Brekky at Ece Saray would take some beating!!

Offline steveb1

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2020, 16:31:03 PM »
java for luxury stayed Ai a few years back couldn't fought it
then when I pop over in the winter always stay at the Harman the staff are just so friendly

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2020, 17:16:31 PM »
Stayed at Pelin on 3 occasions, Oykun twice, Tugay once, Cenk Bey once, (never again) and Golden Moon, too numerous to mention. This is difficut for me as I have 2 favourites. I prefer the Oykun for their rooms but I then prefer the Goden Moon for their pool area. You get the breeze coming from the front there but not in either of the Oyken's pools. However, this year I am opting for self catering for the first time.  :)

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2020, 13:47:48 PM »
Used to stay at the Remer but when Ramazan took over the Aymes, I opted to go there.  Rooms are basic but all the staff from Remer moved with Ramazan so I knew them all and they keep the place very clean.  The breakfast is ok and I usually have the evening meal a couple of times during my stay.  The pool is really nice and never overcrowded and there are plenty of sun beds.  Knowing the staff and feeling safe and looked after, did it for me.
Last year I got a great deal for the Rosary Beach.  The rooms were more modern than the Aymes although smaller and there was a good selection of movie channels on the TV.  However, the owner and the staff weren’t very pleasant.  I asked to charge my mobility scooter and was told “no” even though I offered to pay towards the cost.  The cleaning staff only cleaned the rooms of guests who plied them with lira.  One lady told me she left the cleaner 20 lira every day and her room was always cleaned.  I tip generously when I leave but not on this occasion. Going back to the Aymes this year.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2020, 15:32:33 PM »
The Rebin was our favourite but it would be easier to say which was The worst.. 😉
That would be The Rosary Beach.  Despite its great reviews!! One of the worst anywhere we have ever travelled too and we have stayed in some bad ones trust me..

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2020, 15:34:11 PM »
In Calis the Mutlu wins hands down for me, simple & spotlessly clean with a decent breakfast for very low cost. Might not be posh but my holiday hotel only needs to offer me a clean bed, hot shower & decent coffee in the morning, just that & I'm sorted!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf