Author Topic: Rhodes (Day Visit)  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
Rhodes (Day Visit)
« on: July 17, 2005, 21:51:13 PM »
Hi

Anyone had a day visit to Rhodes.

If so info please

ferry from ?, how long, cost

Doug...

Offline lena

Rhodes (Day Visit)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 13:11:45 PM »
We went to Rhodes two weeks ago on day trip. Not sure if boat is travelling from Fethiye yet but when we went we had to travel from Marmaris. Total cost of trip was 35GBP including coach to and from Marmaris - we booked day trip from one of the tours companies on Calis beach. It was a very long day - got picked up at 5.45 am and not back to Calis until about 10.00 pm. Was a nice day out though - Rhodes town is very similar to other large towns on other Greek Islands - there are lots of small shops which sell everything although not as cheap as here. There is also lots of ruins etc to see. Have a good day if you go!!

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
Rhodes (Day Visit)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 21:10:18 PM »
Thanks

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Rhodes (Day Visit)
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 20:10:00 PM »
There's a hovercraft service from Fethiye to Rhodes, not sure of cost, but it goes from the main port area. I know of a couple of folks who used it to renew their visas & did the return easily in a day

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Rhodes (Day Visit)
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 20:45:24 PM »
I don't think the hydrofoil is running from Fethiye yet this season. Was told by one of the tour companies this week that it may be starting in August. You can still go from Marmaris but you have got that lengthy drive each way. Cost was about £40  from Fethiye last year I think.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Rhodes (Day Visit)
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 23:12:00 PM »
The ferry/hydrofoil/seacat is not running from Fethiye as they have a problem with the paper work. and keep saying next week, this has been ongoing since May, so dont hold out hope for August. The agents will still sell the trip but have to travel to Marmaris.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf