Author Topic: Oykun hotel  (Read 2829 times)

Offline TIGER

Oykun hotel
« on: July 20, 2020, 07:36:01 AM »
Good morning all
We are flying out to Calis on the 5th September with TUI , we were originally booked into the Mutlu hotel were we have stayed for many years, but due to the renovation we are now booked into the Oykun . I have read some reviews on the hotel but I think people on the forum would be able to give me a better insight . So if possible if any of you have stayed at this hotel, could you say if there are rooms better than others, ( like facing the pool ) is it a quiet hotel , just any information will be much appreciated.
Kind regards Debs

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Oykun hotel
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 11:18:36 AM »
Hi Debs,

We stayed twice at Oykun - once in the 1 bedroom apartments in the same block as the reception, and the other time in interconnecting rooms in the same block. Can't speak about the second block but I am sure other members can.

We have also stayed at the Mutlu. The Oykun is different room wise as they have many shapes and sizes and of course the Mutlu is pretty much all the same in the main.

We found the Oykun to be friendly, and lovely and quiet around the pools. Good chef with a great lunch menu (we eat out in evenings). Breakfast was good with usual Turkish breakfast range - very similar to the Mutlu in fact.

If you have a specific requirement in terms of room or room location it is worth dropping the Oykun an email - they do try to assist people if possible.

Anything specific just ask and we'll do our best to answer  :)

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 12:34:07 PM »
We have also stayed at the Oyken,but not for a few years.Good hotel ,friendly staff.We still go there every trip to use the Hammam.  :)

Offline blueclad

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 13:11:49 PM »
we been going to the Oykun for the past 16 yrs in june, booking direct or with a package  very nice and clean, quiet, great live in owners, around 11 rooms in block 1 face the big pool, shade in afternoon  most of the other block 1 have part sea view but ground floor has garden views just shrubs / trees ,. around 18 rooms in block 2 face the big pool full sun in afternoon plus many others in block 2 face the smaller pool morning sun shade in afternoon and some have a little road noise, free aircon all rooms  hotel is quiet plus 2 mins from shops/sea front,  seeing your going with TUI your getting  TUI fully comprehensive covid 19 insurance to go with your normal insurance.
were going on 23 august for 17 days  so may see you there, email oykun at   info@oykunhotel.com  if you need any specific room like  scunner says they will do their best to help, they reopen on july 27 th now they have the  long awaited certificate from the health check people with 6o % of rooms to be allocated plus other covid 19 precautions

Offline TIGER

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 12:00:43 PM »
Thanks all for the replies. its been a big help !!! I am looking forward to going   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf