Author Topic: Mandalin Bistro (Akkent-Hotel)  (Read 11852 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Mandalin Bistro (Akkent-Hotel)
« on: November 03, 2014, 09:23:56 AM »
The new Akkent Hotel  (formaly new bostans) have now opened their new  Bistro The Mandalin and very nice it is, a lot of money has been spent on it good menu ave price tuborg 8tl ,good bar man who speaks good english ,its worth going to just to use the toilets very very nice,the rooms and hotel were good before ,have not tried food yet nibbles on the bar ,lots of new things in the garden very good worth a try .  ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Mandalin Bistro (Akkent-Hotel)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 09:35:53 AM »
Nice review, Lance.

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 16:43:14 PM »
Lance, is this the Akkent Hotel near the courthouse as i seem to recall the Manadalin being on Baris Mancho so a little confused on its location  :-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 17:22:54 PM »
Drove past this place that used to be Boston's a few times last month.  Thanks for the update Lance, will give it a try next time.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 08:52:50 AM »
The one by the court house is the one i am on about ,in the hotel where it was before .  :)

Offline yabanci

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 09:47:01 AM »
Drove past this place that used to be Boston's a few times last month.  Thanks for the update Lance, will give it a try next time.
Lance, is this the Akkent Hotel near the courthouse as i seem to recall the Manadalin being on Baris Mancho so a little confused on its location  :-\

Think thats the Manolya.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 10:27:45 AM »
it is the mandalin next door to court house.

Offline Janbee

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 13:43:47 PM »
Went to the Mandalin Bistro Restaurant which is inside the Akkent Garden hotel, former Boston Hotel, for lunch today. They have refurbished it and it looks beautiful. There's a very good choice of food on the menu, we opted for the Swiss burger, which is served with a side salad and chips.  The burger and chips were home made. The plate was hot for the chips and burger and  left. cold for the salad. In hubby's and my opinion, it must be the best burger and chips we have tasted in this area. We are planning to go for an evening meal there.  They also have a Christmas and New year menu which looks very nice. I believe the Manager will be adding the menu on CBF.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 22:22:13 PM »
Tonight we went with friends to the Mandalin and have to say that it was really good. The menu is not extensive (I like that) but a real nice mixture of Turkish and European dishes. For instance, the restaurant manager explained that at this point they only list three fish dishes on the menu because they offer fresh fish as with the other choices.

We were served an appetizer with compliments of the chef which consisted of mini lavash bread, a pepper and garlic butter and a special minced meze which was a revelation.

The starters we had were really good but beware if you are not a big eater, they are big, the sesame chicken and the chicken quesillda are like main meals, the shrimp cocktail and smoked salmon starter were also delicious. We couldn't fault our starters.

Our mains were also delicious, they are not over priced by any standard yet the quality was in my opinion, top notch.

Hope they make a success here, restaurant manager Yusuf is a great host, the venue and furnishing is outstandingly good, well done Mandalin, we will definitely be back.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 23:02:28 PM »
Directions please   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf