Author Topic: Energy  (Read 2006 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Energy
« on: June 29, 2018, 20:35:01 PM »
Finally bit the Bullet and arranged,once again,to have those smart metres fitted. As before they weren't able to fit the Gas as the box was too small to accommodate their meter. It was all over very quickly and with no fuss or mess. I was given this plug in receiver box that tells you what your using and how much it costs. Well between 10am and 3pm I had boiled the kettle twice,used microwave, made some toast,sent an email,and printed one...the internet and fridge freezer were running too. 17pence..not bed I thought. Fast forward to 8pm, the washers on,showers been on,and I'm up to 37pence and counting.I'm determined to be more energy efficient by winter and hopefully have some cheaper bills. I only have gas central heating, so I'm sure I can control that despite no smart meter.
 Best part is no meter readings, they are sent automatically,although I still will need to do the Gas one.Any one else has one of these fitted??
Berniex

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Energy
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 21:02:26 PM »
Yep. We've had a smart meter for over 2 years and the electric company STILL ask for a manual reading to be emailed to them every quarter.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 21:49:09 PM »
Really..What s the point in that..tut. Won't make much difference as I will have to send the Gas ones. How you finding it, has it saved you money?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 21:53:30 PM »
To be honest, I can't see any difference.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 22:00:29 PM »
 ;D Another great Bernie idea then.. : :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 22:01:29 PM »
Well, it hasn't cost you anything, so nothing lost.  :)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 20:38:08 PM »
We've got them, they were already installed when we moved here by British Gas, we stayed with BG for first year, didn't make any difference to our consumption, you still have to use the things you need to use anyway. Electric is more as we now have an all electric cooker (the last house had a gas hob). We changed to Octopus in April this year and should save about £200 per year compared to BG prices. The meters are the older type so don't send readings to Octopus but we can still use the indoor unit to read the meters, saves a trip outside. I suppose they do make you aware of what you are using but that's about it. In my opinion, not worth the effort really until they bring out one that can "communicate" with ALL suppliers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf