Author Topic: Wow  (Read 7789 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: Wow
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 05:59:09 AM »
So is that tiny little building on top of the highest peak a cafe then? Definitely got to have a cay in there!

I have done a proper 'cross my heart and hope to die' promise for TA about doing the jump (paragliding jump, you can keep the other kind of jump - far too dangerous  ???). It's very much up my street, but TA is very concerned about my heart condition.

I'm more worried about my weight. I have a vision of running off the take off point and dropping like a lead weight to the rocks below Wily Coyote style. Or potentially even worse than that, would be the paraglider pilot taking one look at me and politely declining to strap me in.

I'm interested in trying the micro-lights that fly from Ovacik but also wonder if there's a heavy hint in the name of this activity.

Offline quackers

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 07:00:25 AM »
Go up on the dolmus fantastıc vıews from up there. Watch out for the wasp ınvasıon ın Sept.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 07:00:51 AM »
I did the micro-light thing about 6 years ago and absolutely loved it! I don't know if I'm stupid or brave but flying in a contraption similar to a flying lawn mower was amazing. I did have my legs wrapped around a stunning Australian fellow though! Shocking! :-[

Offline Menthol

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2014, 07:48:43 AM »
Sounds awful, Lotty  :D

Dolmus trip up there sounds like a good start, Quackers. I adore heights and the views from high places.

Offline CAROL BROWNE

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 12:12:03 PM »
you can take a bus they go from the seafront. i've done paragliding 6 times,it's brilliant. i have bad knees and have managed to do it. it's much easier to do it now as they have put a new surface down.  my first trip was scary, not the jump but the ride to the top.  the road's much wider now and safer. have a go you will enjoy it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 12:27:37 PM »

Offline angela

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 12:32:02 PM »
that will be a no from me too!!

Offline Menthol

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 14:41:56 PM »
I really, really want to do the jump. But I promised. I will do the jump at some time though. It's on my tick list.

I have never heard anyone say they hated the jump. Perhaps the ones that did are dead.  ;D

Offline marina

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 17:03:37 PM »
Go for it Menthol if you do really want to do it!  Personally i wouldn't go near it but full of admiration for those who do   :)

Offline Karen Kaya

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 19:44:12 PM »
Oh Menthol you are brave! I too, would love to do the jump but alas - I am too scared.  I have always said that if I had a terminal illness (morbid I know), I would go for it, as knowing my luck I would probably be one of the unfortunate ones.  I have however done the microlight flight a couple of times and loved it.  Having said that, it took me 9 years to pluck up the courage as I'm scared of heights!   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf