Author Topic: £100 a week  (Read 8645 times)

Offline crossie

£100 a week
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 14:34:31 PM »
I notice a distinctive quietness on this subject, from many, I wonder if its the (O!we have a couple of properties in Turkey, and will be moving there soon)crowd, when down the pub.
dont want there mates saying " So thats why they went to Turkey"!

Offline janmack

£100 a week
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 23:36:52 PM »
Do not quite get your logic Crossie.  You can easily live out here, at present, on £100  or whatever your budget is.  I suspect the "quietness" is because this subject has been covered so often.

Offline teresa321

£100 a week
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 07:29:22 AM »
It has been covered quite a lot Crossie to be fair and the same £100 does always crop up. For me it is the running costs of a house that are the winner. Anyone can spend as much as thet like on food, wine, women an song. In England I spend a bloody fortune on heating, rates, electric, council tax and everything else - that is the winner for me in Turkey.

The sun, the people, the sea, the smells and the rest all come FREE.

Teresa

Offline crossie

£100 a week
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 13:47:37 PM »
Looking forward to it

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
£100 a week
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 19:00:08 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by doll

it does get cold at ovacik in the winter and not many people stay all year there
we try to live on £50 a week sometimes more

Doll
Is that for 2 of you? Our bills alone here come to more than that. We're looking forward to getting out there full-time eventually. As we rarely drink I suspect our outgoings might be in that region too.

When you see the prices of fruit & veg in the markets you realise that we're going to eat far more healthier than here at much less cost. I must admit that I use lots of frozen veg. at the moment for convenience (lazyness too!) & better quality. I haven't seen frozen veg. there so guess it's back to basics & freeze your own when it's in season.

We've already got our 3 wheeler bikes & as we both want to lose weight we won't buy a car initially, we'll see if we can make do with them & the dolmus. Do you run a car Doll?

We're both looking forward to a less stressful way of life. I agree with Teresa - the people, the sun, the sea, the smells - what a terrific bonus!

Linda & Carl

Offline crossie

£100 a week
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2005, 19:00:33 PM »
Sorry to be so boring, only just rejoined, you see!

Offline teresa321

£100 a week
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 19:46:42 PM »
You are echoing all my thoughts Linda & Carl.  I don't know how long we will last before deciding we need a car but I hate driving and I hope we never want one.

Teresa

Offline crossie

£100 a week
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 22:46:00 PM »
Mustafa car, ASAP, when we get there, I believe its stricktley a cash transaction.

Offline crossie

£100 a week
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2005, 14:30:12 PM »
Yes, well you would hate driving Teresa, thats because your a woman, you see God never designed women to drive cars,only to do washing ironing, shopping, that sort of thing.

Offline lmaddy

£100 a week
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005, 15:18:58 PM »
there's a lot to be said for the female praying mantis...........

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf