Author Topic: Curry Palace  (Read 5699 times)

Offline Linda

Curry Palace
« on: May 05, 2010, 08:39:14 AM »
A new restaurant has opened in Hisaronu opposite the taxi rank, last year it was Panda restaurant. It is a partnership, with one party owning the well known Taj Mahal restaurant in Marmaris which has been operating for 17 years. The restaurant aims to deliver authentic Indian curries and even has a special Bradford selection. There is also a small selection of English dishes for those that don't enjoy curries.
We visited last night and were very impressed - I think they will be giving Shine a run for their money! They have a no hassle policy and because they are upstairs they have a menu and waiter downstairs with a hot tray set up so that you can sample the menu. Everything from the decor, service, price and of course the taste was superb. We had the set menu as it was such good value but failed to eat the whole meal as there was so much there. There are 2 set menu's, both include poppadoms and dips, a very good selection of starters, main courses, rices, breads or chips. One menu includes a bottle of wine (any bottle from the wine list) and is 37.75 TL per person if 2 set menus are ordered and the other a glass of wine or beer ... I think that was 34.75 TL but I'm not sure. Drinks were competitively priced e.g. Large Efes 3.75 TL.
High recommended and definately worth a try  8)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 16:47:32 PM by Linda »

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Curry Palace
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 11:23:09 AM »
Sounds like one to try!!!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:24:17 AM by sue mac »

Offline slartibartfast

Curry Palace
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 04:17:18 AM »
We tried it on the recommendation of a friend of a friend who previously lived in Marmaris who knows the people running it , and who returned to Marmaris from Ovacik specifically for a curry from time to time !.

It was good and certainly different to Shine. It's good to have 2 decent Indians in the area.  Don't dimiss Shine just yet ! (even if we feel guilty about not eating "Turkish" if we go to one :-) )

Offline Sharonc

Curry Palace
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 14:01:18 PM »
Does anybody know what the English food selection is like?  My dad doesn't like Indian food, but myself, my daughter and my mum do.  He will go if there is a decent English selection! :D Is the English food steak & chips, chicken & chips, that kind of thing?

Offline traveltots

Curry Palace
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 09:39:57 AM »
Tried it a few weeks ago, excellent curry, but the poppadom dips were very disappointing.

Offline Donna2202

Curry Palace
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 13:19:51 PM »
I went on Saturday night and our meal was superb, especially the starters which were exceptional. The poppadum dips were also really good, in fact we all commented on how lovely they were, especially the spicy onion. I didn't notice what English dishes they do but I'm sure it will be the usual, chicken, steak etc.... I'll definitely be returning.

Offline dave c

Curry Palace
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 14:21:15 PM »
Where has Shine moved to? last time i saw it was at the old Dolfin roundabout i thought it must have closed.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Curry Palace
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 22:32:30 PM »
No Dave the original Shine is still in Hisaronu upstairs on the corner opposite the Tropical Bar. Which is a really goon night for after your meal. Sorry folks had to get that one in. My favourite bar and staff. lol The one on the old Dolphin roundabout is the Bombay Corner.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Curry Palace
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 23:25:37 PM »
will defo try this  sound very good

Offline dave c

Curry Palace
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 11:37:46 AM »
Yes so will i thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf