Author Topic: *******The Dolphin News We All Prayed For********  (Read 40920 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
*******The Dolphin News We All Prayed For********
« Reply #200 on: May 02, 2011, 06:19:58 AM »
The site is not open to the general public for obvious reasons, those who know Derya can contact her and make an appointment if it is possible to see them.
The reason I openly wrote about my visit is to relay the message that they are fine to everyone who would want to see them and to everyone that was involved in their rescue and if you read the comments it was well recieved.

Andy

Offline flipflop2

« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »
Hi Andy.

You are at an advantage then being in Turkey and being "privvy" to Derya's number but what about others who aren't and this takes me back to my original question - are the dolphins open for visitors or not? you more or less have said yes, if you can arrange it yourself.

The update you gave was great, any feedback is always well received as let's face it, news is few and far between these days.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2011, 13:14:50 PM »
I was delighted to see the Dolphins set free from that pool in Hisanoru.   I am also glad  and grateful to see images of them in their new sea pool and look forward to the day that they are set free.  I don't feel I have "earned the right to see them".   I understand that they are getting the best, in a lovely quite place.  I am quite happy to know this and I have no longing to see them.

If they were open to public view it would be as bad as when they were captive in the pool with people paying to gorp at them.   I think they should be left alone with the people who are looking after them, these people are doing an excellent job which we are all eternally grateful for. The fewer people who visit them the better as far as I am concerned.  In the long run what we ALL want is for them to be back in their natural environment with no humans around.       We have all donated and done our bit, but this does not mean we own any part of them or have any rights to them.    Lets all be glad that we helped to free the Dolphins, they are now living a happy life  with excellent care and attention.  I know I could not ask for more.

Offline hillside

« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2011, 17:37:27 PM »
Couldn't agree more with Jacqui - they need to be left in peace, thats what we all campaigned for. Flipflop, I can't believe your comment 'earned the right to see them'. Surely we all worked for their benefit, not for earning a right! I'm pleased some members who work long and hard for all animals welfare have been priviledged to visit and report back to us all.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2011, 17:40:44 PM »
I had no idea that the campaign to free Misha and Tom was a competition to see who was important enough to go and see them afterwards.

Offline flipflop2

« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2011, 19:22:56 PM »
Hold up here a minute. I said earlier that as an admin of the facebook group which has circa 22000 members, there have been MANY requests for info on their whereabouts and whether they can visit. Personally I do not want them to be disturbed as from the outset the directive from Born Free (and endorsed by Dolphin Angels) was that they be left alone, so, why now are people not adhering to that and visiting? My original post to this forum yesterday was to ask the question re; Visiting options which has now been answered by Andy who has visited and informed us of their wellbeing. The sooner these dolphins are released from being on pubic display the better. Obviously at a time when their rehabilitation and health is at it's peak. This is not by any means a competition. This is about observing the rules and having respect for the job in hand and those who are doing it.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2011, 19:34:43 PM »
There are also people who have requested and been refused.  The German folk who were protesting recently had asked if they could visit when they were there and were refused.  This could perhaps have been good for any campaign to see that freedom is possible with public support.
I can see where Flip flop is coming from.  It is difficult to keep telling people they can't go if they see others there.  Perhaps it would be best in future to just put up the pics of the dolphins. SAve a backlash.

Any news about the dolphins is always well received.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 19:37:24 PM by heather07 »

Offline flipflop2

« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2011, 19:46:43 PM »
Agreed Heather - if the Directors of WDSF could not see them then why should anyone be as Hillside suggests "priveleged" either? WDSF and their campaign in April has made gigantic inroads in the closure of dolphinaria in Turkey. As you correctly say Heather in this instance from a scientific point of view and as part of their awareness project even a meeting with the rehab team would have been beneficial but it was a flat NO.!!

It will be a happy day for me when they disappear into the blue beyond, the image of flash photography, dead fish and playthings all a thing of the past.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 22:04:47 PM by flipflop2 »

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2011, 19:53:07 PM »
Chasing the lady dolphins with their new muscles..

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2011, 23:10:00 PM »
We rescued Tom and Misha from this...

April 2011

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf