Author Topic: The Boys  (Read 2871 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

The Boys
« on: December 12, 2016, 11:35:24 AM »
 We managed to meet up the boys and their family last Tuesday and they are still so very happy in the lovely warm dry new home . Both boys are suffering very much with their illness at the moment and the eldest lad is now on crutches and the younger ne has a sort of square shaped metal support fitted to keep his affected foot from touching the ground so there is no pressure put on it . They both now have electric wheelchairs so they can at least get around the village and up and down the ramp to their home . The chairs were both donated as they were broken but the father has managed to find someone to repair them which is good news for them all. They asked us to thank everyone again for all the help they have received . I was very touched to learn that Syrian families  had arrived in the village with absolutely nothing and the family are trying to help them by letting them live in their old home and found them work in the fields and are helping them in any small way they can . They said "We all must help each other" which I thought was lovely . The surgeons have now said they are trying to delay the amputations for as long as possible due to the fact that the boys bones are still growing so it would mean more operations after the skin has healed over and the bones push through . Makes sense I suppose and at least with the electric wheelchairs they are able to get around .We have recently paid for a very big operation for a child with Scoliosis and also for a child to be fitted with callipers and paid for hearing aids for a nineteen year old girl  who suddenly went deaf . The child with Scoliosis will need a further operation later on .As always there are so many in need of help so please keep supporting all the children's charities in Calis and Fethiye as they are all working hard to help those who so desperately need it .

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: The Boys
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:49:05 AM »

Thanks for the update Mavis. Heartwarming to hear of them helping others, and wonderful to hear of all the others

Embrace are helping. A big THANK YOU to you all and a Merry Christmas.          :)

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 12:09:56 PM »
Well, that brought a tear to my eye  :'(

So glad that they are enjoying their new home, especially now the winter is coming, and able to get about in their wheelchairs. 

Well done to everyone involved,  for the boys and all the others who have needed help    :)

Offline sadler

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 13:07:29 PM »
Some folks have huge crosses to bear. Thanks for the update.  :)

Offline patrice

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 18:28:52 PM »
Thanks Mavis for the update. I so admire you and your team for all your hard in helping this family and making their live so much easier, such a worthy cause.

What a lovely gesture of the family to come to the aid of the Syrian families my heart goes out to them all .

Have a Great Christmas all of you at EMBRACE

I am still busy doing my knitting !!!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 20:46:52 PM »
Heartbreaking  :( :( :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf