Author Topic: Lira getting Stronger - Why?  (Read 294089 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Lira getting Stronger - Why?
« Reply #710 on: January 13, 2017, 17:48:56 PM »
somebody change this subject   :)

Why change the subject? The topic is discussing the lira versus other currencies?

JF

Offline YILDIRIM

• Hakan YILMAZ
« Reply #711 on: January 13, 2017, 19:55:28 PM »
somebody change this subject     :)

Why change the subject? The topic is discussing the lira versus other currencies?

JF

Please read and try understand it 'Lira getting stronger - why?' Its not versus to other currency or anything .

Some body must be change it " poud getting stronger - why? Look graphics . Please be gentlemen .this subject look like a aimed to make fun ...

Offline sadler

« Reply #712 on: January 13, 2017, 20:03:01 PM »
Certainly not aimed to make fun, Yildirim, when this post first appeared, the lire was getting stronger. No one is happy at the fate of the lire. It is just so sad and we would all, hopefully, wish the lire would strengthen.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #713 on: January 13, 2017, 21:08:41 PM »
Yildirim - I think you've misunderstood the topic and it's title.  It actually tracks the lira from it strengthening to its current position over almost three years later.  While you might argue that overall it's not a laughing matter, this is CBF and some posts show it at its irreverent best.

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #714 on: January 14, 2017, 09:39:36 AM »
I think the title has become ironik. Besides which the pound is not getting stronger.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #715 on: January 17, 2017, 12:42:56 PM »
An important decision coming up for Turkey: CB to follow usual financial procedure and raise interest rates; or follow RTE and make an Islamist stand against interest rates

Turkish PM Yildirim is saying that the Central Bank will not hesitate to do what is necessary to stop the sharp falls in the Lira.So will the CB raise Interest Rates next Wednesday??

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/central-bank-will-not-hesitate-to-do-what-is-necessary-turkish-pm.aspx?pageID=238&nID=108634&NewsCatID=346

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #716 on: January 17, 2017, 15:07:57 PM »
Wow, that is putting a heavy emphasis on the meeting. I shall be following with (increased?) interest nest Tuesday.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #717 on: January 19, 2017, 15:10:36 PM »
With the lira having lost 7% against the dollar since the start of this year people have been busy addressing the problem. First CBRT has gone for currency swaps in a move that Erdogan sycophant Daily Sabah seems to think is a cunning plan (I assume they don't watch Blackadder) and later Erdogan aide Cemil Ertem promised that the interest rate option is "on the table" for next week's Monetary Committee meeting.

Today the lira responded by dropping another 1% against the dollar.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #718 on: January 23, 2017, 11:34:55 AM »
According to a panel of economists a quarter of one percent interest rate rise is on the cards at the TCB meeting tomorrow. If that happens Reg will not be a happy bunny.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #719 on: January 23, 2017, 14:36:17 PM »
Some economists are more bullish. Of 18 that Reuters polled 3 didn't expect movement, but 15 did of whom 9 thought it would be +0.5%. Now that will make RTE irritated. Finance institution UBS reckons that it will take +2.0% to stabilize the economy. I suspect that would cause another RTE hissy fit and another bout of allegations of financiers being "economic terrorists".

https://financialtribune.com/articles/world-economy/58006/turkey-cb-facing-interest-rate-dilemma

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf