Author Topic: Shopping using Ebay UK  (Read 4076 times)

Offline Bluebells

• Newly Registered
Shopping using Ebay UK
« on: August 16, 2013, 11:21:08 AM »
Hello,

Just thought I would tell my experience of shopping online at ebay uk. (In case some one else wants to buy something from overseas and have it sent to them here)

I had read somewhere anything under 100 euro there was no customs charges.
I ordered up an item paid with PayPal, the postage included tracking and recorded delivery. It was sent off the next day I checked and saw it was Istanbul the following day. When it was delivered to me, I had to sign for it. Total 12 days. I thought that was quite good.

:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Shopping using Ebay UK
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 11:34:34 AM »
When we lived there I found Ebay deliveries either came quickly or never  :)

Offline Brianbern

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 12:10:41 PM »
I would imagine it would depend on how good the seller was at organising their delivery service worldwide!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 12:18:06 PM »
I rather imagined it was more to do with whether the postman nicked it or not.

Offline paulinee

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 13:03:20 PM »
Be aware that the limit is 150TL so depends on the exchange rate. General rule of thumb is 75 euro.  Ebay.com is very good too especially if you want free delivery.  I am finding more and more Turkish websites selling branded goods accept paypal now with free delivery so lots of options!

Offline Bluebells

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 22:40:10 PM »
I think in my case because i could track the royal mail online and had to sign for it, my parcel arrived. One good thing with paypal if it doesnt arrive you can put in a complaint and get your money back.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 10:12:31 AM »
I have a problem with Paypal.
I tried, the other week to change my address. I have changed Banks and countries.
Unfortunately the Turkish site is all in Turkish. No translation. Paypal told me that as it is now run locally, they cannot do anything about it.

Offline illuyas

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 05:27:18 AM »
I have a problem with Paypal.
I tried, the other week to change my address. I have changed Banks and countries.
Unfortunately the Turkish site is all in Turkish. No translation. Paypal told me that as it is now run locally, they cannot do anything about it.

I have a Turkish paypal account, and although the main log in page is in Turkish, once logged in it reverts to English.
There is an option there somewhere to select your language, if I remember right I spent a lot of time copy and pasting on google translate to find it

ken

Offline mac2010

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 08:12:15 AM »
Gittigidiyor is the Turkish version of Ebay and its very good.We have used it many times and never had a problem.

Offline davidlocke90

• F##k Google, Ask me!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 10:02:19 AM »
I have just sent a T-shirt and 2 CDs to my friend in Calis and i posted on the 01/08/13 and it got delivered yesterday so basically 19 days (inc weekends) Thats very slow considering i get things delivered from China of Ebay within 1/2 weeks!

It still got delivered though and part of me thinks thats only because i bought the dearer postal service at 10.95 for 2 CD's and a folded tshirt...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf