Author Topic: Is beach cleaner this year?  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Francis

Is beach cleaner this year?
« on: June 13, 2023, 16:01:53 PM »
Hi, I'm a rare contributor. We want to bring Grandchildren this year, but lots of dog mess on beach last year, which means it's not inviting to bring them there. Is it any better this year?

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
Re: Is beach cleaner this year?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 07:04:19 AM »
No not any better  >:(

Offline cally

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 09:55:29 AM »
The beach definitely needs to be made more attractive to tourists, people do not want to lie, sunbath and swim amongst dog mess, litter and cigarette ends and that’s if you can even get there before being attacked by a street dog or run over by an e-bike, Madge mobile, scooter or lycra clad cyclist.
The beach is run and maintained by Fethiye belediyi who charge for the use of sun loungers... perhaps if the bar/restaurant owners were allocated and charged for a section in front of their business it would possibly improve the situation but hey that’s a whole new issue.
Current prices in Turkey in general are making a lot of visitors think twice about where they holiday this year so it is definitely something that needs addressing sooner rather than later.
There has been clean up campaigns in the past but not recently as far as I am aware.

Offline woody

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 09:26:59 AM »
I was out there a few weeks ago and in short NO, if anything its much worse than i have ever known it in the last 22 years of visiting Calis, plus if you couple this with the huge price rises I'm sorry to say Calis and perhaps Turkey in general is no longer the attractive bargain holiday destination it once was, in fact many people i met during my visit where like myself regular visitors and some expressed that they will no longer going back.

Offline Francis

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 20:04:35 PM »
Thank you. It makes us so sad, as we have been at least once a year since 2005. Not sure if we will come this year, but it's always feels so relaxing.. Here's hoping things improve. I'll keep a look out. Much appreciated again

Offline Phil

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 11:26:07 AM »
It always saddens me to see a “Çalış is going down the tubes” post – and bear in mind they have been appearing on here for quite a few years.

Çalış has changed. It changes every year. It has been changing every year for over thirty years. It will continue to change every year and the world has changed along with it. And yes,  some things (good and bad) just haven’t changed.

Turkiye is still an amazing country to visit. It still offers outstanding value for money for holiday makers, travellers and long stayers. The number of passengers passing through Dalaman goes up every year.

You might have fond memories of that little bar where Efes cost 3TL, but just because it is not there any more is not a reason not to go Çalış. There are lots of new experiences to be enjoyed in Çalış and Turkiye to give you new fond memories. I embrace the changes, not fight them.

If you can’t change with Çalış then maybe it is time for you to move on. If you are thinking of revisiting or going for the first time then don’t be put off. For every doomsayer on here there are hundreds and hundreds of happy faces walking around in the ever changing Çalış.

Have a great holiday wherever you go !

Offline cally

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2023, 12:58:23 PM »
 It’s not about the changing face of Calis we have seen the changes over the last 18 years or so and love it, the street dogs have been here as long as I can go back roaming in packs all along the guarding their territory and occasionally attacking/biting people,  scooters, e-bikes and the likes are prohibited along the front but that doesn’t stop them or mean that they don’t use it as a race track with no policing at all, (absolutely amazing that no one has been seriously injured).
As for the beach itself it seriously needs some TLC and that would be a welcome change, it is not my intention to harm any local business or deter people from coming here just answering the question and hoping some action will be taken to improve things.

Offline madmart

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2023, 10:28:36 AM »
People are complaining about the prices, I admit for the locals the inflation rate is very high and makes the uk one look tiny.

The Turkish are the ones being affaected by that I would argue us visitirs not so much as the Turkish Lira does seem to be doing a Linda Lovelace.

However a few years ago a bottle of beer sneaked up towards £3.50. We returned to the UK last Tuesday and the going rate was 70 to 90TL which is between £2.10 to £2.80.

We ate out every night the most expensive meal came to the equivalent of £35. To be honest the most expensive meal during the whole trip was the breakfast at Gatwick Spoons before we left!   

Offline Francis

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2023, 17:08:50 PM »
Thanks one and all. Decision made flying to Calis tomorrow week.

Offline cally

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2023, 14:15:48 PM »
Glad my rant didn't deter you Francis, I'm sure you will have a fantastic holiday.....Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf