Author Topic: RANGERS file for administration  (Read 2651 times)

Offline tonyb

RANGERS file for administration
« on: February 13, 2012, 17:02:31 PM »
Talk about austerity. When a football club the size of Glasgow Rangers go into administration, football really has got problems. Surely someone,somewhere will come in & sort their mess out, and, hopefully fast!! What a sad day for Scottish football. Not really helped by the noises coming from Celtic Park either. Celtic, apparently, reckon that they & the SPL could easily cope without Rangers.I think not.Nearly every SPL club relies on income generated from the 4 games(at least)played against the Old Firm teams

Offline amca

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 17:27:41 PM »
You should have a good look at this site and you may just reconsider almost all of your statement.

http://rangerstaxcase.com

Offline tonyb

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 20:16:02 PM »
My statement was based on breaking news on Sky Sports from a statement provided by Rangers Football Club stating they had submitted letters in Edinburgh regarding filing for administration . The remarks from  Celtic were also provided by the football club. This whole problem is regarding a potential £49 million tax case. Apparently, there is now a tit for tat slanging match going on as to who is to blame between past & present owners of the club.Pretty obvious that it's not the current ownershps fault as they haven't been in place to run up a tax bill of this magnitude & by all accounts this huge tax bill dates as far back to when Dick Advocaat was the then manager. Nothing really to reconsider.Just a damn shame.

Offline amca

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 21:44:05 PM »
Just one contributor from the blog above but it is quite concise and accurate  ....
The Mighty Quinn says:
13/02/2012 at 7:58 pm

Rangers done this. Rangers alone made these choices. Rangers are to blame for this. Rangers made the mistakes. Rangers blew up the bubble thinking it wouldn't burst. Rangers failed. Rangers couldn't stop themselves despite better advice. Rangers have put the whole of Scottish football at risk. Rangers are corrupt. Rangers are putting themselves into administration. Rangers did nothing to stop the rot. Rangers lost their way. Rangers did this.

DON'T FORGET WHO TO BLAME.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 07:46:55 AM »
I am a Celtic fan and enjoy the fierce rivallry between the two teams. Whilst this might not be the ed for Rangers it will put Scottish football into a slump for a few years.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 08:26:29 AM »
Whilst openly stating to detest football, it's awful that a club of this size has found itself in this position. There's been gross mismanagement going back years, and I wonder why it was allowed to go on for so long. It's actually an embarassment to Scottish football and while I agree with amca, it's a very sad day for Scottish football.

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 19:05:56 PM »
The thing I don't understand is why does the HMRC take 10 years before it starts a winding up petition? Surely if I didn't pay tax hed be knocking on my door in less than 12 months.
The taxman should be ashamed more than the club in my opinion!

Offline amca

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 21:26:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by keng38

The thing I don't understand is why does the HMRC take 10 years before it starts a winding up petition? Surely if I didn't pay tax hed be knocking on my door in less than 12 months.

Rangers were using a tax avoidance scheme that can be legitimate but it only became known later that they were using it in a way that made it illegitimate.
i.e. their players and some of their management had, in effect, 2 contracts.

This blog has been going for a long time but if you are interested and have a lot of spare time .....
http://rangerstaxcase.com/

Offline thebillet

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 10:30:08 AM »
Amca, I read the blog yesterday, it is fascinating. The opinion of Craig Whyte (he that stars regularly in Private Eye)that they will lose the HMRC case shows how critical times are for Rangers. The scheme was also used by directors of the club which according to one comment is evidence of a conflict of interest. As serious and forensic as the blog is I did like its explanation of "succulent lamb".

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 10:45:28 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by keng38

Taxman is actually on the ball, so to speak - this isn't about the potential tax tribunal outcome (the historic debt), its about £9m of PAYE, NI & VAT from this current financial year that they haven't paid.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf