Author Topic: England  (Read 2895 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: England
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 19:24:08 PM »
Here's another thing regarding the penalties. Joe Hart allegedly spent many hours studying Italian penalties and knew everything there was to know no matter who took them. But didn't he go the wrong way three times.

He studied them so that he knew what faces to pull for each of them in turn.

Class keeper but he should have spoken to the Chelsea keeper before the game me thinks.

Couldn't really fault Cole. Yes he missed but he was under much more pressure to score after the Young miss. I thought he had a good tournament along with all the back four, the keeper, and Gerrard. Milner did as he was told and covered for his right back. His final ball could have been better at times but then again there were not that many good crosses from any of them - apart from Stevie for Carroll's goal. I think Young did put a good one on Rooney's bonce but he contrived to miss it badly.

All in all we are not in the top 4 in Europe. Spain, Italy, Germany and Portugal are all far better at the moment.

Interesting point made on BBC radio Leeds tonight - the guy said if England had won then it would not have been a travesty just because Italy passed it around better than us and had more shots etc. Basically he said they had 120mins to score and couldn't - so if we had won then it would have been their own fault not ours.  Fair point I think and I'm sure the Chelsea fans can see where he is coming from.

Team GB next up !!!!!

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 19:51:20 PM »
I was not at all surprised when Diamanti came on and put himself about,having seen him play for the Hammers.

Offline martinp2502

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 20:07:37 PM »
All the English clubs fight to buy foreigners.  I think it's about time for clubs to concentrate on finding and bringing on British players and not opting for the easy option of buying abroad.
It's no wonder England cannot win anything.
Sadly it's never going to happen. The majority of Premiership clubs are foreign owned so I doubt they give a rats rear end how the English team do.

Offline shuttle

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 18:38:59 PM »
We are Soooooooooooooooooooo bad that its embarassing. The total laughing stock of world football. How can so many players
justify such huge salaries when they can't even control or pass the ball.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf