Author Topic: Man Utd - out on Penalties  (Read 5823 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Man Utd - out on Penalties
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »
Moyes didn't get to kick a ball last night.

Millions of pounds worth of " talent " did.

Highlanders description of todays players is spot on.!!

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 10:06:42 AM »
Well done to sunderland they deserved some luck played there hearts out from a loyal fulham fan,it will be a great day out at wembly for the fans but i cant see them beating city,but one never knows.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 10:08:18 AM »
O.K. So everyone agrees that Fergie was a wonderful Manager, the best the U.K. has ever know. He did not make mistakes, he was a winner and motived his team to always play to the best of their abilities.  He did not put a foot wrong and his team where never out of the top of the Premier League.
However, let us all remember that Moyes is and always has been Fergie's chosen one.  Fergie saw himself in Moyes and he decided a long time ago that Moyes was his successor.   So, what has gone wrong, has Fergie finally made a huge mistake??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 10:40:20 AM »
O.K. So everyone agrees that Fergie was a wonderful Manager, the best the U.K. has ever know. He did not make mistakes

Veron, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Forlan, Liam Miller, David Bellion, Obertan, Taibi, Bebe,Berbatov, Cruyff - and I'm not even trying :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »
Poborsky!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »
And only two "supporters" turned up to watch them in the pub last night! Even though it was on Sky.

Last season it would have been packed.

In decline and not easy to rectify. Share price dropping , Rooney wants out. Percy won't play and spending £37m on Mata?

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 11:25:30 AM »
Fergie was a great manager agreed.The best ever and most successful agreed. never made mistakes?
Noway. I agree with Scunner on this one. Apart from the bad buys he made he often fielded formations that puzzled everyone more than once.His genius was that he could motivate the players into playing exactly how he wanted and they did mostly.Motivation was his number one asset and he used it time and time again to make Manure the best.
As for Moyes being Fergie's chosen one. Correct. But only because they were buddies and both Scottish and yes it has been a huge mistake.
Mata has now it seems  signed from Chelsea for £37 000 000. He is a very good player so it will be interesting to see where and how Moyes uses him in an already crowded midfield.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 11:38:25 AM »
letting beckham go surley the bigest mistake

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 11:46:52 AM »
Nonsense - letting Beckham go wasn't a mistake. Letting Stam go and replacing him with aging Laurant Blanc was though.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 12:02:05 PM »
Engineer dave, no I can't excuse you, just because you do not like the question does not mean it is irrelevant.  As much as it sticks in my throat Manure have always been the number one football brand in England going back to the sixties, if not the fifties.  Bigger even in their pomp than the red scouters.  And not just an English number one but also up there with Real Madrid in world branding.

the point I make is that at one time in his manc career Fergie was not a winner, but the club stuck by him (as they did Busby on a couple of occasions, including post Munich) and they reaped the reward for that.  As to previous winning experience I hardly think that Scottish titles do not count for much when stepping into the bigger and more competitive English league. Christ even the euro trophy was the uk equivelant of The Worthington Cup or what ever sponsored form it takes these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf