Author Topic: Aresnal v Everton  (Read 1921 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Aresnal v Everton
« on: March 08, 2014, 14:51:35 PM »
A Good Result, their passing and possession is fantastic, but what is so frustrating to Arsenal fans is why oh why when they get in the opposing teams penalty area, they try to walk it into the net. its called football for gods sake, kick the bloody ball, podolski can do it, rossisky can do it, and ramsey does it, but on the day, they were superior . well done.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Aresnal v Everton
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 15:15:11 PM »
Pleased to see Ozil have a good game and it was noticeable that when he scored and a few players "mobbed" him that Flamini was calling others players over to give him an even better feel good factor!

Would love too see Arsenal win something this year and even though I consistently support Northern teams against Southerners they deserved to win and if it were a choice between Arsenal / Chelsea and Man City for the Premiership - I would be happy to see Arsenal win it :-)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 15:30:21 PM »
Nice response Ian, I myself will never support bought success, I think you know where im going with that comment, I don't think Arsenal will win the league. or the champions league, but I would love to see Liverpool win the league, and then compare what Man City and Chelsea have spent to gain success.   ;)  ;)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 15:58:42 PM »
Great shame that Ramsey and Walcott have been out - much bigger misses than Wilshere will be and with both of them playing I think you may have just edged it!

Rodgers has done a magnificent job - must be great watching football at Anfield  compared to the short "Woy" era and if "Woy" is potentially going to play 5 Liverpool players in his starting line up he should be man enough to invite Rodgers to "join him" as an assistant / consultant - but that's too obvious ....

Offline Jack13

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 16:15:23 PM »
geat game des. the score imo was a little harsh on everton for the amount of effort they put into the game. at the end of the day it is all about putting the ball in the back of the net.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 16:34:21 PM »
Yes I agree Jack suppose that's another pint I owe you.   ;) your friend Des.  :)

Offline Jack13

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 22:41:53 PM »
not had the first one yet. lol

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 08:04:38 AM »
A good result, which keeps the season alive, and what a fantastic fourth goal.  High points for me were:-

Return of Thomas Vermallen, not a perfect game, but given game time he has had under Wenger of late, a good solid CH performance.  And hopefully does the stupid assessment that he can't play as a pair with the BFG Mertesacker

Santi Carzola playing from deep and doing more running with the ball and driving the team on, in the absence of Wilshire and Ramsey (and Rosicky on bench)

Seeing Ozil digging out a team performance, and looking a lot less than a luxury buy.  I always said the issue was in the head, and a figurative kicking from both Arsenal and in the week from the Germany crowds looks like it has given him the kick up the 'arris he needed.

Mind you we have only made the semi final, just cos we are playing the semi final at Wembley in the FA money making wheeze, does not an FA cup final make!!

Spuds next up, marvelous.  I relish the thought of the great derby game, especially after the whipping they had from Chelski last night... It will add a additional fire to their game if Gooner Sherwood has anything to do with it.  Wonder if the mildly resurgent Manure will do us any favours in the earlier game against the Scousers ..... Unlikely but hope springs eternal, as they say

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf