Author Topic: England the Result  (Read 6647 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Re: England the Result
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 10:38:50 AM »
Can't blame Stevie G ,for Luis goal,he was in the air, Luis picked up on it very quickly , how could Stevie  defy gravity, the out of form players should have been dropped, and Woy lost it, we were not good enough, simple.  My worry is that we will lose Luis now, big bucks will be coming in for him,  :(

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 10:51:19 AM »
I think that in this game Gerrard has had his day. Looked average and did not dominate midfield...........

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 12:20:29 PM »
Suarez was hardly a secret weapon. Our England captain is his club captain and provisions should have been made to "play him out". Don't ask me how but Nobby Stiles/Eusebio springs to mind some years ago  :(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
England the Result
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 15:50:52 PM »
In the old days Suarez would have been tackled hard in the first five minutes - let him worry you are there!

SG has been poor both games - he looks knackered! Barkley would have had much more impact I think.

Ref bottled a sending off as well - but we expect that I guess. Had it been Rooney or Gerrard they would have walked!

Oh well - Italia fan tonight and hope we still have something to play for on Tuesday    :)

Offline tonyb

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 17:47:15 PM »
Let's bank quite frank, we don't have a single world class player in our squad. We've been deluding ourselves for years that we're a good football team, when in fact, we are probably 10 years behind the rest of europe in technical ability. We let a 35 year old player dictate the entire pace of the game against Italy & no-one and I really mean no-one in our midfield was good enough the lace Pirlo's boots. We got what we deserved-nothing.No good the pundits having a pop at Rooney. He looked as p*ssed off playing wide as I was watching him play there and if Johnson is an quality international full-back, then I'm a Villa fan.

As for last nights debacle, a half fit Suarez made our defence look a laughing stock. Why on earth was no-one glued to him from the kick -off. I'll tell you why- we don't have a defender capaple of doing the job on him. Time to let the old guard retire from international football & give the youngsters like Sterling,Shaw, Barclay, Wilshire,Walcott(when fit), Jones,Smalling etc  the opportunity to express themselves.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2014, 18:41:46 PM »
Could we appeal :-)

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2014, 18:55:39 PM »
12 minutes left and Costa Rica still beating Italy 1 - 0, it certainly looks like we are going out tonight which in my opinion is a blessing in disguise before we get a real hammering from one of the good sides in the competition.

Not only are we not good enough but there seems to be a distinct lack of pride in pulling the England jersey on these days. Look at Costa Rica a population of less than 5 Million and they have been playing with so much pride and passion

Roy should have left Rooney at home, he has never done the business for England and is so over paid and extremely over rated. It is now time to for a total clear out and to start preparing for the next world cup.

Well we are off home Wednesday morning!!!

Offline pops

• Craig
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2014, 21:24:17 PM »
It is now time to for a total clear out and to start preparing for the next world cup.

And we will have the Euros in two years time to use as an indicator regarding whether things have improved or not.
The clear-out has to start NOW.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2014, 21:36:43 PM »
I think it is perhaps quite simple - they just don't think they are good enough to win the World Cup. Haven't really been since they won it in '66. They are correct, they aren't - but the self loving, arrogance of the Germans, Italians, Brazilians and all the great sides has never been evident in the England teams at major tournaments.

We look like we know we can't win it, play like one of those recurring dreams when you are being chased but your legs are too heavy to get away and even the simplest passes are a struggle to complete.

Our best WC in recent times was 1990, and for a moment then, we looked like a team that could beat anyone. But even that took an age to show itself - anyone remember the frustration that was the 3 group games then?

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2014, 07:11:46 AM »
Was there anybody on CBF who actually forecast England to get to the final and win it? cant be anybody that daft on here surely,  personally I think Englands performance has been Abysmal. :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf