Author Topic: Furniture Shop  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Sus

Furniture Shop
« on: December 06, 2015, 08:58:48 AM »
Could anyone please tell me if the really good furniture shop that was on the opposite side of the road from HSBC Bank in Fethiye has moved to a new location or just closed down.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Furniture Shop
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:52:25 AM »
We often wonder about that place too.  We bought two sofas and an armchair there and they were such good quality and so comfortable.  We also went back and bought some bedroom furiture.  It was a family that ran that business, so perhaps they have moved elsewhere. ????

Offline Sus

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »
Jacqui,  We bought our sofa set and beds etc from them as well, so well made and comfy too, there is nothing wrong with them but we would like the sofa set  recovered,  I will try to get in touch with  a Turkish man who knows one of the lads who worked there, and see if he knows where they have gone to, for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the shop, I know they ordered everything from Istanbul.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 12:40:31 PM »
I think we still have the receipts for the furniture, but they will be at our place in Turkey.   If you don't have any luck try Lynda & Yakup Yilmaz at Hippy Chick, just opposite the Mulberry tree.  They have had their business in that area for a while and may well know.   I remember asking them about the Photographer we had used who had moved and they told me where he had gone to.
Sus, if you look in the search facility, there was a post about someone local who had a sofa recovered and they praised whoever did it.   If you do find someone, remember to get fire retardant material to recover with.  When I had my business I always did this, as it is the law in the U.K. but not sure it would be in Turkey.. Good luck.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf