Author Topic: Mimosa mistake  (Read 2052 times)

Offline andynet

Mimosa mistake
« on: June 22, 2009, 22:45:24 PM »
Visited the Mimosa last week following recommendations, but unfortunately the night turned out to be a disaster. (You know things aren't going to plan when it takes 50 minutes to produce customers starters). There were rumours that a chef had been taken suddenly ill, so we made allowances and decided to go with the flow. The starters were fine when they eventually arrived, however my T-bone steak, which I had requested well-done, was barely warm and rare when it put in an appearance. I very politely asked if the steak could be returned to the grill to finish it off. It re-appeared within a matter of minutes not having been moved from the plate. The whole meal had been micro-waved and the steak transformed into the texture of shoe-leather by doing so. I figured it was time to call it quits so I asked to see the Manager and told him we would pay for what we had eaten, (my wife had battled with a very dry piece of chicken but had eaten it). He offered to knock 10% off the bill! I explained that I understood that they had had their problems but I didn't feel it was fair that I should foot the bill for this, but the oaf was as stubborn as he was stupid, completely lacking in manners and customer service skills, cursing me in Turkish as he stormed away from our table! After several unsuccessful attempts to break through his surly manner I informed him that if he insists that I pay for food that was inedible he could read about it on the internet - so here it is. It is only fair to point out ht the rest of the staff were extremely pleasant and accommodating, (in contrast to their boss), and I suspect that a good night out could be had here - but I refuse to re-attend while there is someone in charge who cannot see the error in haveing a shouting match with a customer in the middle of the restaurant. All in all very sad as it was the only bit of unpleasantness in a fortnight of eating out in Calis

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf