Author Topic: My Favorite Resturants 2010  (Read 3414 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
My Favorite Resturants 2010
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 07:18:50 AM »
The sunday market is in Calis the dolmuses go there from fethiye.:D

quote:
Originally posted by YarmouthBaggies

Hi Julesbob, wheres the sunday market? Is it the usual market (thurs market)
I only visited Fethiye twice last year want to explore it abit more this time.

Offline Lynn Hurst

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 21:02:29 PM »
BFFL. Hiya Robyn, Best Friend Forever L-----? or am I completely off track.  :)

Offline dycedon

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 06:31:42 AM »
best friend for life, how sad am i

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 08:37:42 AM »
Just back from 2 wonderful weeks in Calis, had lots of lovely meals, and only one poor one.
Highlights were the Saturday bbq at Bostons, great entertainment, food and atmosphere ( didnt have coffee! ), Gunisik kebabs as yummy as ever, Cin Bal in Kaya - absolutely lovely, Shine - Hisaronu - great curry but service was very slow, Sunset restaurant Hisaronu - fab set menu, very reasonable and very tasty. Mosaic Bahce - lovely to meet Nichola and bought a gorgeous lamp.

Zeki in Fethiye, tried Desti kebab for the first time, the one that comes in the clay pot,it was gorgeous and they dressed up in ali baba type costumes and played traditional music to bring it to the table - worth having for this experience alone and well worth a visit to meet the crazy staff there!

Overall favourite though was Oztokler in the fish market, visited twice as just had to have the calamari again.
Such a lovely friendly family and everything was absolutely delicious. Unfortunately the amazing sauces are a secret recipe!
Strongly recommend a visit to this little gem.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:43:20 AM by kayakebab »

Offline dycedon

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 08:46:52 AM »
Where is zeki resturant in fethiye.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 08:57:28 AM »
Its in the Paspatur, with your back towards the old Hamam walk down the small 'road' slightly to the right as if you were going to the main road and its on the left side.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 09:10:31 AM »
should have mentioned another highlight- Yoruk Museum,Kargi. What a hilarious surreal evening we had there. We got lost and didnt find it until about 10.30pm,no one else there, had the warmest welcome and the table was filled with a variety of breads, soup,chicken casserole, homemade fruit juice, salad, rice etc

Then we were treated to some videos from the owners laptop,of a wedding - had no idea what was going on to start with until we realised it was 2 donkeys getting married..... google it!!!!!

Then he showed us all the videos of him on various daytime television programmes being interviewed about it.

Finally left at around 12.30am, after an evening we will never forget!

Apparently they have the most amazing breakfast and have 200 people on the weekends.

Please dont ask me for directions - we followed the ones on here from the Melissa in Ciftlik and went round in circles for what seemed like hours..... well worth perservering though!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:12:42 AM by kayakebab »

Offline DianeT

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 13:20:52 PM »
Hi,
Let,s be honest we have all done it, gone to different restaurants because on previous visits a particular waiter has been really friendly but then the next year has moved restaurants.  The only problem is the waiter does not cook the food and this can lead to a disappointing meal which is what happened to us on our recent holiday.  But sometimes trying somewhere different is the only way you find new places you like, as we did by going to the fish market for the 1st time in 12 years, choosing Receps due to other postings on the forum.

Favourite restaurants are:
Mangal - Calis main street (especially food cooked on the bbq - fabulous!!)
Harem - Calis promenade
Fish market Receps - Fethiye
Sat - Calis far end of promenade

Most places have similar menu's I suppose it is just down to personal choice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf