Author Topic: What a shame about the Chinese Breeze  (Read 10168 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

What a shame about the Chinese Breeze
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 11:53:13 AM »
And what about hors d'oeuvres!:D

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 20:11:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Hmmm I'm with Jukey - I think we call your entree a "starter" and your starter "bread" :D

Must be a scouse thing Keith!

Kenny has just said the meal ( he had ) on the stag night was quote. a load of sh-te, and so did my son-in-law.the hot and sour soup could only be described as hot water with an oxo in, so maybe us scousers are used to a decent chinese here, and I would never call a bit of bread an entree,or a starter,even,

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 00:14:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

quote:

Hmmm I'm with Jukey - I think we call your entree a "starter" and your starter "bread" :D

Must be a scouse thing Keith!

Kenny has just said the meal ( he had ) on the stag night was quote. a load of sh-te, and so did my son-in-law.the hot and sour soup could only be described as hot water with an oxo in, so maybe us scousers are used to a decent chinese here, and I would never call a bit of bread an entree,or a starter,even,

Is right!  ;)

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »
we went to china breeze while over in August and sat on the Terrace, the lighting was very poor, the waiter sat on the table smoking one cigaret after another, the food was disgusting the starter was spring rolls, which had what tasted liked those tinned burgers you used to get years ago, my chicken satay was a peice of chicken in batter sliced with what looked like black gravy, and tasted very odd, the plate was filled with the tomatoe rose and the cucumber palm tree, just what you expect at a chinese restaurant the price said 29.00 for two, for a main and a starer, I took it as 29ytl, it was actually £29.00, Im not a penny pincher and thought £7.00 per head was ok ,very clever of them to just put 29.00, the bill came to £74.00 for 4 with drinks, they took 10ytl off for mine, with much reluctence, I complained that my satay had never seen a peanut, he brought out a sticky dirty jar from the back and told me that it was indeed satay all the way from china!!!, we will never go there again and told him so, the place is very busy most nights, why ? I dont know, this list of best restaurants is getting shorter and shorter, haha

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 13:24:31 PM »
It's strange, it never appealed to any of us when we were over and seems maybe our feeling was right. This certainly doesn't sound like the place to be for Chinese - so where is? When we craved a Chinese sort of meal we generally (in Calis) went to Serkul 1, and for a time George's but I'm not sure they do Chinese anymore.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 13:55:06 PM »
When in Rome,! funnily enough we got one of those chinese meals for 2 from Marksies when we got back yesterday, lovely, and strangely enough Chinese Breeze has never appealed to me either.sixth sense or what, ;)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 09:04:36 AM »
We would def recommend Serkul 1.We have used this place for a long time now,the staff are always great.The chef does not change,food quality always good and prices fair.In the winter they stay open with very competitive prices,ie all you can eat for a fiver.Plus Efes on DRAUGHT for 3.5lira.cant beat it!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 17:30:48 PM »
quote:

It's strange, it never appealed to any of us when we were over and seems maybe our feeling was right. This certainly doesn't sound like the place to be for Chinese - so where is? When we craved a Chinese sort of meal we generally (in Calis) went to Serkul 1, and for a time George's but I'm not sure they do Chinese anymore.

George's are now doing Chinese meals again.. and they are very good. ;)

Offline spookyshimmyshake

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 19:59:10 PM »
We ate here last week after having a really greasy chinese @ Serkol 1 and it was lovely!!!!  Sat on the upper terrace and Tom, the waiter stayed there all night and waited on us hand and foot.  We recommended it to another couple that we met out there and they also enjoyed it and said they would go back again! :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 20:19:03 PM »
Nice first post.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf