Author Topic: Starfish Beach Bar  (Read 4095 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Starfish Beach Bar
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 20:07:43 PM »
I did mean Kargi Tel, I was trying to bluff my way out of it though :D

Offline Julesp

Starfish Beach Bar
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 22:20:24 PM »
Okay Thanks for all the posts on getting there:DThe bridge from majesty tuana hotel is still there and there is a dolmus from Fethiye which can drop you off at the Majesty Tuana.Just head towards the sea and take the bridge over the stream to your right and walk along the beach for 3 minutes or so.

Scunner it is still basically the same as 4 years ago and hasnt moved, I think some of the oldest or first memebers of this forum will remember it for the Starfish charity fundraising for disabled children.
 Though this year, as I said, my friend took over the place and has improved it a lot without it losing its character,toilets, changing rooms, showers, more sunbeds,brollies etc and all free to the customers

I know a few members of CBF know the place because I had the pleasure of meeting some of them Its basically these people I started this post for. It would be a great help if Yetis, the new owner, had honest and reliable feedback on how they found it this year.

By the way Efes 4tl all day  and Happy Hour a glass of very drinkable wine 3tl Happy hour at the mo 5.30 to 6.30 pm in order to enjoy the sunset
Yetis was a wine merchant in the old days,which was what attracted me to him. :D

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Starfish Beach Bar
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 09:53:05 AM »
We went in July with my son, daughter,and her boyfriend Tom.
I had hoped to see the starfish project which the owner explained wasnt really happening there anymore.We had a chat about disabled people and he later introduced me to his friends daughter who still visits.
Jules - I think we may have met you there!
Very friendly place - Tom had run out of cigarettes but there was nowhere to buy any, so the owner kept him supplied & refused to accept any money.
unfortunately we had an appointment later so couldnt stay as long as we would have liked.
In terms of feedback - loved it. Only recommendation would be better signposting as nearly gave up and would have missed this little gem.

Offline Julesp

Starfish Beach Bar
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 21:24:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kayakebab

We went in July with my son, daughter,and her boyfriend Tom.
I had hoped to see the starfish project which the owner explained wasnt really happening there anymore.We had a chat about disabled people and he later introduced me to his friends daughter who still visits.
Jules - I think we may have met you there!
Very friendly place - Tom had run out of cigarettes but there was nowhere to buy any, so the owner kept him supplied & refused to accept any money.
unfortunately we had an appointment later so couldnt stay as long as we would have liked.
In terms of feedback - loved it. Only recommendation would be better signposting as nearly gave up and would have missed this little gem.

Glad you enjoyed Dont know how to make it any better. its a paradise place , not my words but a quote from most people who visit. And yes I think we met,at the time I was wandering about in my free dolphin t shirt, hope to see you again  Take care and thank you for the post

Offline Julesp

Starfish Beach Bar
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 23:20:52 PM »
The bridge from Majesty Tuana has gone, so ive been told. Yetis is in discusions with the owners, anyway he can pick up or arrange for anyone who wants to go if they get in touch Just message me for more info
Spent yesterday there 1st time in 2 months Must say even though I have a vested interest in the place Yetis has made big improvements

If anyone interested heres facebook link

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Fethiye-Turkey/Starfish-Bar-fethiye/135948049769950

Iyi Bayramlar

Offline Julesp

Starfish Beach Bar
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 22:30:01 PM »
Fantastic sunset at Starfish today

[img[
/img]

I also need lessons on how to post a photo :D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 22:34:29 PM by Julesp »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Starfish Beach Bar
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 22:50:58 PM »

Offline Julesp

Starfish Beach Bar
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 23:06:05 PM »
Thank you very much Scunner :D  You can see Im hopeless with photos But the sky was really that colour tonight

Offline Tineathers

Starfish Beach Bar
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 12:29:22 PM »
wow that's fantastic.

Offline cathy h

Starfish Beach Bar
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 16:14:06 PM »
Bill and I were lucky enough to visit Starfish about 10 days ago with a group of friends. Some friends went fishing off the beach and mostly caught blue crabs! The rest of us sat on the beach chatting and having a little liquid refreshment. We ordered a late lunch and can honestly say that everyone really enjoyed it. Not a prawn fan myself but those who did have them said that they were great. In all a great afternoon, good food and Yetis also arranged a minibus for us.
Look forward to visiting again soon. Cathy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf